Civic hx help - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: Civic hx help

Thanks dudes! I'll see if I can find apressure gauge that will crew into that port. I'm guessing a cel would come on if it was severely clogged? I've read about cleaning them with laundry detergent in a bucket of water I think. Yah I don't have the origional hood so it doesn't have the specs on it and my Haynesanual doesn't have it in there either so the specs would be very very much appreciated. I changed my pcv valve today, that thing was MESSED UP and I think it was the wrong one so I'm pretty sure I'll see a little improvement. Along with doing so blocking off in my engine bay to keep it Warmer in there. And I cleaned my air filter. Oil change tomorrow probly. And I'm gonna check the high idle valve. Idk if that has anything to do with when it's running though?

Jakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Registered Member

Oh yah and it's a 97 civic hx.

Any tips on hooking up a afr gauge to it? And would headers help or hurt the milage and would taking the muffler off help or hurt the milage?

Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post

Any tips on hooking up a afr gauge to it? And would headers help or hurt the milage and would taking the muffler off help or hurt the milage?
as far as headers use a civic EX header and shift the cat back under the car like on the ex civic, i have powercore header with thermal research and development exhaust syst,full stainless with a high flow cat works fine,AEM cold air intake,full synthetic oil engine and transmission still same eng. and trans. Haven't touched either one all original. just have extend the wires back to the cat underneath,works fine no cel ,curently running a bosh o2 sensor on the cat.good luck Mike
msweatherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
Registered Member

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. I assume it will give me more power/ milage.

Oh and I just found out I dont have a high idle valve since I have a post 96 Honda. The test I saw for it was to check that little hole in the throttle body when its warmed up and if it's sucking that means its messed up or dirty, and mine is sucking when it's warmed up so idk
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post

AFR gauge: Skip it and get an UltraGauge or ScanGauge II. You can get AFR from the SGII and I assume from the UG...along with all kinds of other great information (and of course you can pull codes too).

Headers: It's possible that they could help but I wouldn't expect that to pay for itself.

Muffler: It would have to be a bad design or a failed unit. You decide if Honda can design a muffler to modern standards...
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
Registered Member

I just want it to be louder allright I couldnt be more upset right now. I averaged in at 33 mpg again today. I have no clue what is destroying my gas milage. And my idle issue will never go away. Plus my cel came on again after driving in 5th gear at just over 35mph. It is a random misfire I'm sure. It always does that. could it be to low of voltage or something?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
Registered Member

I finally found te numbers the other day. 12+-2 so I had it right. But I didn't trip the check engine light when I did it last time so it was set at 10, I moved it to 14 though.