Fuel Pump ('93 Civic) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Fuel Pump ('93 Civic)

Finished the clutch. Thanks to all who commented and left many great tips. I ended up LIFTING the transmission and putting it on! Nothing subtle. All those visits to the gym finally paid off.

I have an odd problem. When the car (1993 Civic CX) sits with its nose even slightly pointed uphill, it won't start. The second the nose points even the slightest bit downhill, it fires right up. I'd like to avoid dealing with the fuel pump, of course. But, after the clutch, everything should be... downhill, right?

Any thoughts?

tucsonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

In the no-start condition, can you hear the fuel pump prime for 2 seconds when you switch the ignition on?
You remembered to reconnect the engine wiring harness ground to the thermostat housing, right?

GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
could be a main relay issue, but if it ends up being the furl pump, they're easy to get to on the 5th generation Civics.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
Registered Member

It's just such a weird, intermittent problem. I keep forgetting about it. Why would the car only fail to start when sitting nose up? If I am sitting at a light with the car running nose up, it doesn't stall. Guess I'll replace it, I have to take the whole rear interior out anyway (badly run speaker lines).
tucsonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Site Team

I'd suggest you start the car and then go around and start jiggling wires. I think you'll find a loose connection or something.

(Just a guess)

-Bob C.