Please help Buick rpm's increase while parked/neutral - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Registered Member

I went ahead and had a diagnosis done. (paid way too much for it) Two fuel injectors were found to be bad and the computer could be also. The place wanted $700 to fix it...I can get fuel injectors myself for $60 apiece. I'm planning on replacing them this weekend but the mechanic said he wasn't sure which two needed replacing after he'd put everything back together. My belief is that when you take them out they will have buildup on them or have some leak. Any tips?

Monkey Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
Site Team

Personally, I'd recommend six new injectors. I've been involved with many different injector projects over the years, and I consider them to be a maintenance item. Every 100k miles they should be removed and cleaned and tested on a bench (not just a bottle of miracle juice). And it's amazing how many people are driving around with bad injectors, and when they are replaced (or properly cleaned) the cars drive SO much better.

-BC

Old 04-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
Registered Member

I would like to but I just don't have $360 to spend. I can buy the 2 injectors but not all six. I'm a poor college student who doesn't have a job. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I vaguely remember a post about a company that you could send your injectors to and they would refurbish, test, and rate them. You could buy a set of injectors from a junkyard and send them so you wouldn't have any downtime.

Does anyone else remember it, and can anyone find it?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #15
Site Team

I've used these guys before, with very good results - http://www.codymotorsports.com/

-Bob C.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
Registered Member

I just wanted to say thanks for the help. I appreciate the quick responses.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Faulty injectors will result in some change in the spark plug ash buildup so by checking your spark plugs you may find the bad cylinders and thus the bad injectors. Other than that you have to see how much fuel they spray when activated in CC per minute and actually measure each injectors spray volume.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
Faulty injectors will result in some change in the spark plug ash buildup so by checking your spark plugs you may find the bad cylinders and thus the bad injectors. Other than that you have to see how much fuel they spray when activated in CC per minute and actually measure each injectors spray volume.
granted the mechanic put them back in where they came from

since it sounds like ye olden car and you dont have money, i would try a can of "miracle" (what i liek to call Sea Foam) dumped in the gastank.

i also like to let the engien suck some up thru a vaccum line and let it clean the top end and cylinders.
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Team / Moderator

Either that, or a bottle of BG 44k. Seems like the first thing to try before taking the whole thing apart again.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
Registered Member

I found an old buick at the junkyard and got the fuel injectors from it. The owner had just replaced the injectors before crashing the car. Lucky find, I'll be able to replace all six. I was told the ECU could be damaged because of the faulty fuel injectors, is this true?