Audi A2 1.2 - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
Registered Member

indeed, as MetroMPG says, the car (like the VW Lupo 3L - as in 3 litres per 100 km) was discontinued. Why was this? Because both cars cost thousands more than in normal trim. So in order to get a thriftier car, you had to shell out 4000 or 5000 Euro extra. And as all car journalists loved to point out, that didn't make sense. Also, since car journalists generally find nothing more important than cornering speed, they didn't love these skinny-wheeled specimens.
I test drove an Audi A2 1,4 once. Lovely car (provided you have the beige leather interior). But I couldn't part with my Celica as second car.

86Celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
Registered Member

I think the mpg comparison is reasonable. It gets ~78mpUSg, which is 15mpUSg better than the Insight, and 23mpUSg better than the Prius, not counting the possible BTU correction, provided the Euro rating takes this into account, which it may not. VW already demonstrated that the 3L could average ~100mpg@53mph average speed, including stops, etc... So I would think it likely that 100mpg could be seen by the same people that see 55mpg in a Prius or 63mpg in an Insight.

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
Because both cars cost thousands more than in normal trim. So in order to get a thriftier car, you had to shell out 4000 or 5000 Euro extra. And as all car journalists loved to point out, that didn't make sense.
That's price discrimination for you.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote