First big test! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #11

Oooh Very Dramatic ! Love the cloud shots .

MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #12
Registered Member

Wait till you see the dancing girls!

Proud owner of Stinkerbutt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Air Raid cone filter, direct to TB
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover
-Now featuring front wheel canards!
kitcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #13

Haha !! *giddy with anticipation* I think somethings are best left to the imagination . After what 'beer tally' are they considered "dancing girls"?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
Registered Member

I don't know how to answer that. Dancing girls are dancing girls. Doesn't take any beer to figure that out. Let me get the goggles out and I'll explain further.....

As an aside to resume our normal thread, I've been ordered to take the truck to a large home improvement chain to purchase large quantities of stuff for the deck. Seriously, the wife wants a the biggest grill and patio set I can find. I can't make that up. Found one online with 5 burners, 45 burger capacity, a smoker, griddle, 2 side burners, a cooler. And she wants it so go figure.

So I thought that I'd get some mileage results with the tailgate down on the way. We'll see. We know with nothing in the truck and the bed cover we get 26.5 mpg. What about with no cover and the tailgate down? It's about 9 miles on the highway in 90 degree weather. I :sigh: suppose it's worth it for a new grill.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover
Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 AM   #15

She who has the biggest grill ?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #16
Registered Member

Actually guys, I picked out the grill, umbrella and new table; winners all.

Darn grill actually works. I got a smoking pot for it and experimented with it tonight. Instructions say it takes 2 people 2 hours to assemble. 45 minutes from out of box to cooking by myself. See, I'm used to cooking with wood. My Weber makes the best smoked meat ever. Well, our deck is small and doesn't get a lot of air flow and since it's a condo the neighbors didn't appreciate the smoke. Mix in two college age kids and I had to go in a different direction. The good part is the Weber is going to the shack so I can BBQ my butt off on the weekends.

Now I'm wondering. If you were to put a Weber grill top on the roof of your vehicle would you be able to create a low pressure area behind the rear bumper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover
Old 06-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
Registered Member

You might be onto something. What if I were to mount the Weber on the rear bumper, light the fire. Then open the top vent and the rearmost lower vent (I'd put a small scoop on the top vent facing into the airstream). That way I'd get some "jet" boost as well as heating the air stream at the rear and creating a positive pressure area in the center of the rear of the truck. This would cause a horizontal lift condition and propel the truck forward. At the same time, I'd be producing green house gasses which would help raise the air temperature of the planet and would in turn raise the engine compartment temperature which (of course) raises the fuel temperature (no, I can't use the Weber to raise the fuel temp. - too much variation as the charcoal burns down) and would net me better mileage. At the same time, the growing season would be lengthened, I'd be able to buy cheaper food, New York and Boston would be flooded and the Yankees AND the Red Sox wouldn't be able to play baseball anymore.

And if I lower the wheels of the Weber onto the ground, raise the rear tires of the truck, I'd have lower rolling resistance. Wait a minute. Rear wheel drive. That wouldn't work. Drat. Okay. I'd have to stop at all the rest areas to put more charcoal in the grill and I wouldn't get drowsy on the road and thus be a safer driver. I could also collect the coal gas as it comes out and convert it into methane to run either the truck itself or the generator at the shack. What I could also do is put two Webers back there (yes, I have two, I am a BBQ god) and hook cables to the vents to help steer the truck thus saving front tire wear. That would allow me to put wheel well skirts front and rear.

Now we're cooking. I'll have photos/video of the Weber setup this weekend.

HAH! Now who's wearing the pants around here?

Now what can I do with that Hibachi?

Beer tally to think this one up: 14

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover
Old 06-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcar View Post
Now we're cooking. I'll have photos/video of the Weber setup this weekend.

Now what can I do with that Hibachi?

Beer tally to think this one up: 14

Oh boy *this* is going to be rich ! LOL

Hovercraft !! Rear wheel drive be danged !! Only needed to get ya going now .

Only 14 ? You're slipping
Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
Registered Member

No wait. The Weber, because of it's shape will also help to negate the buffeting of the bed cover because the rise of the air over it will occur before the air stream actually hits the area near the tailgate. I got my cargo straps out mount the Weber. Wait till you guys see the scoop I'm making for the Weber. This is going to be a classic.

Beer tally now stands at 22.

Seriously, Associated Content now wants me to do videos for their new area on Youtube but wants them at less than ten minutes long. That's in addition to the regular episodes. So, the aerodynamics episode of "This Old Shack" is going to have this as one of the gas saving tips. Can you imagine all the fluids spewing from nasal cavities around the world as they're watching a serious deal about saving gas and this segment comes up. I think tip #3 would be good.

I can't wait for the Discovery channel to pick up my show.

Beer tally: 31

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover
Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #20
Registered Member

The Weber doesn't have the carrying capacity of the Dakota. Besides, I've added a new feature to the Weber that dictates that I can't actually drive it.

I'm thinking about calling it the Webinator.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Homebrew front air dam
-Homebrew side skirt
-Torza top bed cover