$3.+ Gas Prices coming soon! Whoa! - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
It would be nice if gas got to $15-20/gallon after I got my EV on the road. I'd pretty much have the roads to myself in that kind of scenario, and by default they'd become my own private race track.
Careful what you wish for.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah what the heck are the oil companies going to do with all that money they make if prices go that high?? That is going to be a real problem for them.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
They couldn't sustain a $15-$20 price of gasoline as no one cept a few could afford it. Also if gasoline reaches that price related oil based products would skyrocket as well. Pretty much anything made out of plastic would jump up
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
Registered Member

over here we pay 1.269€ for 1L
unless i can't count that's
that's about 6.29 $/gallon...

i wish fuel was only 3$a gallon here...although not correct to compare prises like that...

forget plastic. everything would increase in price.... just about everything you buy is transported multiple times during it's production process... although it's only a fraction of the cost (which is why it's cheaper to make something on the other side of the planet if labor cost are lower there)... yet a hummer would seem like a metro when compared to all these big trucks, planes and huge ships carrying stuff back and forth.

you can save a lot of gas by buying local products! (you might not save any money though)

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
Careful what you wish for.
It's going to happen eventually. Better sooner than later, I just hope that when it does, my EV is drivable.

Quote:
you can save a lot of gas by buying local products! (you might not save any money though)
You can thank billions of dollars in subsidies going to those businessmen posing as farmers for local products produced by real farmers being so expensive. These are paid for by Joe Taxpayer. You can thank the fact that the trucking industry doesn't have to pay near its fair share for road ware for transportation by truck being so cheap(Tractor trailers cause thousands of times the roadwear of one c ar per mile of travel). Joe Taxpayer foots that bill too. Then of course companies like Monsanto and ADM have lobbied in place plenty of regulations that burden small farmers with so much overhead and paperwork that they can hardly compete, and then proceed to acquire these people's land when they go bankrupt.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
Driving on E

Americans really pay about $10/gallon if you factor in the subsidies we pay to oil companies through our taxes.

this $2-3 price increase really means nothing.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #17
Tuggin at the surly bonds

I'd be ecstatic if we could have a free enough economy to pay only $10/gallon gasoline. With all the tax money we gift to the industry in perks and subsidies, joe sixpack actually thinks he's paying under that amount now.

Listen, we're not paying over $500,000,000,000 for the Iraq debacle just to spread Democracy to the good and wholesome middle east. Democracy begins at home and we're far from it with a government that favors only big business, lies to the people, misallocates national security assets, exploites the environment with wild abandon, and raids the treasury right under our noses.

I think we could solve a majority of the world's problems if we could separate oil and state. But then there's Dick Cheney, the most evil and corrupt VP in history, whose slogans are:
"War is Peace"

"Freedom is Slavery"

"Ignorance is Strength"
Old 03-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
Quote:
Americans really pay about $10/gallon if you factor in the subsidies we pay to oil companies through our taxes.
That is true. Even the most expensive Lithium Polymer battery packs placed in an EV would be economically viable if it weren't for the copious amount of subsidies placed on gasoline. Oil wars aren't cheap.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote