3145 mpg car - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I agree that the track should be alot longer, when I was entering these types of competitions the track was 3.3 miles, and my team the last time got around 245mpg (4th place 9 years ago), sure you only start out with something like 250ml of fuel, and they have a whole little box built up around the scale to keep people from breathing on it, but a few drops of fuel alters your results! at 3145mpg, you are useing such a small amount of fuel to go the 9.6 miles 1/327th of a gallon of fuel, less then a table spoon!
the competition I made a car for had a speed limit of 30mph, but they also had a minum time of 20 minutes to compleat the 3.3 mile track, so about 10mph average, and because it was highschool age kids half the cars broke down befor finishing, but if you are in a class of vehicles getting that kind of mileage, they should be able to compeat on a 50 or 100 mile course, right?

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland
I agree that the track should be alot longer, when I was entering these types of competitions the track was 3.3 miles, and my team the last time got around 245mpg (4th place 9 years ago), sure you only start out with something like 250ml of fuel, and they have a whole little box built up around the scale to keep people from breathing on it, but a few drops of fuel alters your results! at 3145mpg, you are useing such a small amount of fuel to go the 9.6 miles 1/327th of a gallon of fuel, less then a table spoon!
the competition I made a car for had a speed limit of 30mph, but they also had a minum time of 20 minutes to compleat the 3.3 mile track, so about 10mph average, and because it was highschool age kids half the cars broke down befor finishing, but if you are in a class of vehicles getting that kind of mileage, they should be able to compeat on a 50 or 100 mile course, right?
I quite agree, it seems like 50 miles should be a minimum, this would also keep people from running engines in unrealistic conditions, such as overly hot, or lean. This would be much more useful. It is interesting to see just how amazingly good of gas mileage a vehicle can get going 10 miles at 20mph, but I was much more happy when i read that they actually drove this vehicle for a few extended periods of time.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red91sit
I quite agree, it seems like 50 miles should be a minimum, this would also keep people from running engines in unrealistic conditions, such as overly hot, or lean. This would be much more useful. It is interesting to see just how amazingly good of gas mileage a vehicle can get going 10 miles at 20mph, but I was much more happy when i read that they actually drove this vehicle for a few extended periods of time.
Could you point me to where you read of this car driving for extended periods?
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2
Could you point me to where you read of this car driving for extended periods?
oops, my mistake, I cannot find any information on that