eBox: AC Propulsion's xB conversion - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Automotive News, Articles and Products
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

eBox: AC Propulsion's xB conversion

JanGeo, are you reading?

First Peek Inside the eBox
AC Propulsion gives EV World correspondent first glimpse of battery electric Scion xB conversion

Quote:
  • The maximum speed is electronically limited to 90 mph. The eBox will go from zero to sixty mph in under seven seconds. The battery charger is located on-board, so all that is required to charge is a connection to utility power terminated in a mating connector.
  • When pushed, the eBox will leave many modern sports cars in its dust. With a range of up to 180 miles on a charge, and a charging time of two hours in "fast charge" mode, this vehicle could do almost everything a gasoline-powered car could do, and it could do a lot of things better.
  • When I asked Gage about future production plans, he said, "We will be building one eBox per month until early next year. At that point we will either start building a lot of them, or we will move onto a new vehicle. It all depends on how they sell."
  • $55K US plus the cost of the xB.
http://www.evworld.com/view.cfm?sect...e&storyid=1084

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
*shrug*

Daaaamn, it's so expensive, man. I'll buy your forkenswift anyway.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah I read about it on ETList which my friend Remy runs who also has a white xB and convinced me to get one and also traveled across the country on the Chicago to LA Route 66 earlier this year promoting the charging stations along the route. He ended at AC Propulsion and saw the xB's being gutted and converted. Not a great use of an electric motor in something that non-aero with the electric prices around here it would not be very practical. Would make more sense to convert my Geo. Still pretty neat though!! The main reason for not doing such a big vehicle is the battery cost and replacement cost when they run out of the life.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote