Slightly in love (pic heavy!) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Slightly in love (pic heavy!)

Never been a huge fan of SUV's, but this new Peugeot 3008 is a game changer. Just look at that interior. This is a production car you see, not a concept, although the sharp distinguished lines and beautifully sculpted cascading interior design could fool anyone. It's already won around 20 awards. The stunning HD TFT HUD is fully customizable, when you change the dials for example, they flip and dance in a 3D style manner with very elegant graphics. We need more stuff to look like this please!

Exterior, well it's just as unique, but it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, too unconventional. Personally I like seeing cars as fresh as this, too many bland boxes out there.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
LDB
Registered Member

Depending on specs etc. I could be talked into giving up my CR-V for that. Course we don't get them here but that's beside the point.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

Pretty sexy isn't it? For an SUV at least. You never know, now Peugeot own Europe's GM brand, they might have thier foot in door of the US market, it was you who suggested they may make an appearance again? There are several petrol/diesel options available, I hope they make a gti version, that would be sweet.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

The interior doesn't do a thing for me, but I do like the exterior styling.

The important thing is if you like it enough to buy it. If so, and you're happy with your decision, then who cares what anyone else thinks? :-)

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
Registered Member

Totally sweet SUV inside and out.
visorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMak View Post
The interior doesn't do a thing for me, but I do like the exterior styling.

The important thing is if you like it enough to buy it. If so, and you're happy with your decision, then who cares what anyone else thinks? :-)
Oh really? I'm more the other way, the interior is like nothing else on the market, exterior is still nice, but I prefer the inside. The good thing with Peugeot is the Value for money element, the option to switch the NAV from the huge tablet to in between the dials, like you see on Audi, Porsche, and other premium brands is standard, and all models come with the huge central tablet as standard too.

You know those LED indicators that flash from left to right in a sequence? Audi charge £1000 for those here, again, they are free on Peugeot (I have them on mine, they look pretty sweet!)

Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 AM   #7
Registered Member

Sounds pretty sweet too, and looks like it handles really well for an SUV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mDDx3qTW4

Old 03-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #8
LDB
Registered Member

To me the outside, big picture, is another somewhat similar and typical SUV. It has a number of very cool points when you zoom in but it's not night and day in the overall. I still like it a lot. The only thing I don't really like is what I presume is a dead pedal for the left foot. It is way too big and gaudy looking. Maybe if it were in matte black instead of chrome but as is I don't like it at all. I imagine my CR-V with an SI engine's 20 more hp or the Type R with 121 more hp. That would really be interesting. It will be interesting to see what the top performance engine in this offers.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
Registered Member

Yes I'd never noticed that foot rest before, right hand drive cars as in the UK have smaller foot rests tucked up by the centre console, plus most cars are manual so dont have a dominant foot rest (it would be too close to the clutch)

I think the most powerful engine is that in the video above, a diesel with 180 bhp, the most efficient will be the 1.6 diesel which should get over 60 UK MPG, but I think the best seller will be the 3 cylinder 1.2 litre with 130 bhp (petrol) as this already award winning engine offers a good mix of performance and economy.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #10
Registered Member

I am not a big fan of SUV but when I saw this stylish Peugeot 3008 then I read full review of this car. What a beautiful interior of this SUV has!! Smart interior. One of the most stylish car in its class. The car is pretty light at around 1300 kg. Cheap to run and servicing is not that to much expensive.

leoparker990 is offline   Reply With Quote