Electric cars coming to Arizona - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > Electric and Solar powered
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
Registered Member

Nah. I have enough bridges already. Trying to cut back.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Registered Member

With guarded enthusiasm, I am enjoying watching ETYL go to 15 cents today. I know what usually happens when one brags, so I'm putting in an order to sell my shares.

You know when you log in 4 or 5 times a day to check your investment, you probably have no business being in the market.

I just wish I'd known about Warren Buffet taking a position in Chinese manufacturer BYD. Of course, I don't even know if they're available in the US.
http://www.autospies.com/news/Warren...-Future-42977/

BYD already makes 65% of the world’s nickel-cadmium batteries and 30% of the world's lithium-ion mobile phone batteries. I think they know what they're doing when it comes to batteries.

M

Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Congratulations!! That's great.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
Registered Member

Oh, yes, something to consider when investing. People talk about diversification by buying small amounts of multiple stocks, rather than a bunch of just one, but they don't talk about diversification by time much. Rather than buying and selling all your shares at one time in a stock, you can spread the transactions out over time. When selling, that strikes a balance between realizing the gains you've already made thus far and holding out for more potential return. When buying, it strikes a balance between buying the stock at a good price and holding out for it to possibly go even lower. Helps with the nail biting. Of course, it's got to be enough shares to justify the extra transaction fees and effort.

co de pen den cy

Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilian View Post
Oh, yes, something to consider when investing. People talk about diversification by buying small amounts of multiple stocks, rather than a bunch of just one, but they don't talk about diversification by time much. Rather than buying and selling all your shares at one time in a stock, you can spread the transactions out over time. When selling, that strikes a balance between realizing the gains you've already made thus far and holding out for more potential return. When buying, it strikes a balance between buying the stock at a good price and holding out for it to possibly go even lower. Helps with the nail biting. Of course, it's got to be enough shares to justify the extra transaction fees and effort.
Good point.

The times I have a gain like this, I usually take out my initial investment, and let the rest stay in. So if I sell enough to get my initial investment back, and the stock tanks, I haven't lost any real money.

I would really knock myself if I sold everything and they went up again.

M