Fuelly tracking electrical charges - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-06-2017, 03:02 AM   #11
Registered Member

This would be a great addition. I have a ChargePoint charger at home, but it isn't always charge point when I travel. Ideally, the data would come from the vehicle website (in my case, Fusion Energi)

Right now, I am just dumping Fuelly and ChargePoint to a spreadsheet to combine. I don't count free electric charges. I am really only concerned with total cost of ownership so that when it comes time for me to chose my next vehicle, I can decide between hybrid and plug in hybrid.

jcg1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #12
Registered Member

Any progress on the implementation of electricity as fuel?

wilcovh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:49 AM   #13
Registered Member

Need for charging data

I know many think electrification is a long way off but my family now has one hybrid (Volt) and one EV (Bolt) and we would love to see this energy source included in ACar. I have been a loyal use for years and the support for this new type of car would be great. There are a few apps out there that have charge station data but ACar/Fuelly could be years ahead of any competition by adding this now
QuantumNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #14
Registered Member

Any update to this?
It’s now 2018, time to grow up....
AiNoFaKNKeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #15
LDB
Registered Member

So another 15 months later and I am researching PHEV while there is still a tax credit available. Is there going to be a way to combine and track both the plugged in electric usage and gasoline usage?

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:39 AM   #16
Registered Member

Just visiting and found this thread. My current thinking is to scale the numbers of the 'fraction' fits in the 'integer' MPG value. Two approaches:
  • 10*miles - this will bring mileage into the typical 40 MPG range for many EVs.
  • 0.1 * kWh - achives the same effect of scaling to ordinary MPG values.

In a perfect world, the energy content of a kWh in gasoline gallons would be used, 33.70 kWh per gallon. But such calculations should be done in the application and not require the user to handle the conversion factor. Using a factor of 10 will be off by a factor of 3.37 but at least giving values in a range consistent with the middle range of ordinary gas cars. For example, my Standard Range Plus Model 3 is rated at 25 kWh per 100 miles, 4.0 mi/kWh.
  • 10 scale factor -> 40.0 MPGe
  • 33.7 scale factor -> 134.0 MPGe

I would prefer an accurate metric, using 33.7, but a factor of 10 at least brings it into the realm of understandable by ordinary folks.

Bob Wilson
bwilson4web is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:06 AM   #17
LDB
Registered Member

Ok, another 3 years down the road. What is the status on this? I'm looking at a new Leaf EV. I went to the add a vehicle screen and the Leaf is in there but the only choices are to fill in gallons or liters. Does anyone know of a good app similar to Fuelly that works with EV's? I don't want to change but if I get that car I will be forced to it seems.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:22 PM   #18
Registered Member

I'm not aware of any apps or websites that would track electricity usage. I do know that some electric car chargers have apps where you can monitor everything about your electric car, but it's something you would have to install at home and wouldn't track charging at public stations.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #19
Registered Member

It's just as easy to track as regular fuel, it tells you how many kw you put in the batter, and the cost per charge, it should be easy to implement it into an app like fuelly.

Talking of charging, has anyone seen the price of electrons at Tesla superchargers now? 61 pence per KW...that means £60 to charge an S with a 100 KWH battery, or $75 US dollars. Ouch...

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 05:24 PM   #20
Registered Member

That's expensive. I owned the Volt for a little more than a year and never charged it at a public charger; and for my next full electric car I will get one with a long enough range so that I never have to charge it at a public station. I would need a range about 375 miles to accomplish that.

Also, I haven't been using my 240V charger yet either; it's better for the battery the slower you charge them. Plugging it in the wall with 120V has been enough. You can choose if you want to use 8A it will take 18 hours or 12A which takes 13 hours. I'm able to use the battery 85% of the time which has a 50 mile range.