Got the motor mated to the transmission last night. Ended up going clutchless afterall, just for simplicity's sake. I guess I'll regret it when the synchros give out. that's okay, Swapping a clutch onto it won't be too difficult, just short on cash right now.
I ended up taking the original clutch disk apart and having the hub machined to mate with the coupler I got with the motor.
Mated it all up with a custom 3/8" steel motor adapter.
Had to cut the pilot for the transmission off unfortunately, was able to put it all together with just 0.3" worth of spacers.
Here's a link to a video of it running on YouTube.
Perhaps I'll hook up my poor-man's motor control to it soon. Don't want to burn out any more IGBT's though.
Next step, build motor mount.
Still collecting batteries. Might have to end up just buying some. My guess is that the car will be ready to go before I get enough batteries to power it. Nobody says I can't collect NiCad's while driving around on lead-acids.
Making quick progress, that's for sure.