Practicality of covering the roof of my metro with solar panels? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > Electric and Solar powered
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
Registered Member

18 LFP40AHA cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
A guy in California was working with someone that purchased more then they needed for the projects they are working on so I purchased 18 LFP40AHA cells from him last month. The pack of 4 I actually put on a UPS scale 0-50lbs and the way Lithiums work is they age faster when fully charged and cycle life is not affected by letting them sit at a less than full charge state unlike Lead acid batteries which really loose capacity when left discharged. I have them sitting on my desk in front of me right now with 17 connected in series and when I measure 4 in a row I get 13.4 volts. I also have done a few discharge cycles on a couple of cells and find that they hold their voltage pretty steady for most of their capacity if you don't draw too many amps out of them.
How much did you pay for them because I am very interested in these battery's for my unbelted swift...

green swift is offline   Reply With Quote