1 dead as car plows into Mexican bike race - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

1 dead as car plows into Mexican bike race

from msn:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24943229

"MONTERREY, Mexico - A car plowed into a bike race along a highway near the U.S.-Mexico border, killing one and injuring 10 others.

The 28-year-old driver was apparently drunk and fell asleep when he crashed into the race Sunday, police investigator Jose Alfredo Rodriguez said Monday.

A photograph taken by a city official showed bicyclists and equipment being hurled high into the air by the collision.

Rodriguez said Juan Campos was charged with killing 37-year-old Alejandro Alvarez of Monterrey.

Authorities said the wreck happened 15 minutes into the 34-kilometer race Sunday along a highway between Playa Bagdad and Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas.

Campos said he is an American citizen living in Brownsville. The U.S. Consulate could not immediately confirm that.

"We are looking into the incident in terms of whether American citizens were involved,'' consulate spokesman Todd Huizinga said. "

very sad. They have a pretty distrubing picture of the accident happening on the link.

gripforce light flywheel
dc 4-1 header
Was getting about 30mpg (40%HW 60%pizza delivery city driving) - Up to 33.89 w 40psi tire pressure!
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

it's sad when people care more about their "good time" then they care about the safety of others, and theirselves for that matter.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Well, it's nice to be able to blame someone other than an elderly too-old-to-drive person for this sort of accident, for once.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

that is nice but it's still bad because other than the female part, I have the same description as her.

late 20's american. you know the "stupid kid" I can say that because I have been called that myself. makes all of us "young people" look bad even if we are trying our best to keep our nose clean and try to stay on the straight and narrow. the old saying goes it only takes one bad apple to spoil the lot (I know I probably said that wrong)

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote