A preview of our new site for Earth Day! - Page 14 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #131
PTH

I like the look of the new site a lot. It's fresh and more contemporary.

One minor detail: I like to view my data in L/100 km, but on the monthly average graph, the label running up the left side (the Y axis?) still say miles per gallon (even though L/100 kms is displayed). On the old site, this label changes with the units selected.

PTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #132
PTH

When I view my data in metric units, the entries in the log book are wrong under two columns: the "Litres" column and the "Price" column. (It looks like the price might be displaying in cost per gallon, but I can't make sense of the entries in the Litres column.)

PTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #133

PLease change to color to something other than blue/green. Way to hard to read and hard on the eyes.
260kplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #134

First, looks good. I like that I can put what % of driving is city. But, when I enter my fuel up and get the pop-up box (I'm guessing its JS/CSS), the Dismiss button doesn't do anything and is stuck open on my car's page, even when I try to navigate away and back. I'm running Firefox 4.0.1 on Win7 if that helps track it down.

Also, not related, but Verizon thinks the text messaging number you guys set up a few weeks ago is a land line and won't let me text it anymore. : (
merientook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #135

I like the new design, but the color choices are terrible. :/
KUweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #136

"on that page you get 30 entries per page and the notes fully expanded. Does this satisfy the requirement for full notes?"

No, the notes were fine the way they were before. When I look at my fillups, I look at the notes first in order to remember the tank. I have never looked at the date first. Without notes, I don't know what the significance of a good or a bad tank is. Hiding the notes makes the fillup summary unusable for me, and I don't see what the problem is with expanded notes. Was it a common complaint that the notes took up too much of the page?

Don't go overboard with effects. Remember that some of us still have slow computers with minimal RAM. The slowest one I have is a 120 MHz Pentium that will render most webpages in less than 45 seconds - but not the new Fuelly's vehicle pages. Please favour usability over aesthetics.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #137

I haven't read through all the other comments so apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I just checked the listings of all Fiestas and their fuel consumption is all 41.2mpg. When you click the individual vehicles it shows the true value which is different for all except the first vehicle in the list.

Cheers

Mark
mistertee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #138

I think the charts should allow the user to select the date range.
Clutchcargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #139

Hi there!

I'm brand new to this site so having a change so soon shouldn't really affect me much. I will however say that I prefer the old layout and statistics over the new layout on the individual car pages. The graphics are a bit large and take up too much real estate. It seems to me that the space could better be used for a lot of the numbers that have been eliminated.

I love the stats that currently appear in the Basic Stats section. (I'm a numbers freak)

If there is a way to choose between the old layout and the new one, I'd choose to stick with what we have. True, the new look is pretty, but I'm here for the numbers.
amazingrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #140

amazingrando, did you see the Custom Stats option that lets you select almost any data points in the new design?

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote