A preview of our new site for Earth Day! - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #151

Looks great! go for it. Did you ever think about adding maintenance alerts, Like oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and etc.

RBE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #152

Yep, RBE88, maintenance alerts is coming (the navigation has a little tool icon and says "Add a reminder" but the feature isn't built yet.

You'll be able to get a reminder message sent to you every x miles/km (which you set) to get service done. So if Fuelly notices you've gone 5,000 miles and you set a reminder for oil changes, you'll get an automated email the moment you go over 5,000 miles to go get an oil change.

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #153

OK, I was able to add a lot of custom stats, which I dig. Will I have to do this for every vehicle, or can I do blanket settings for all? I love that I can tinker with the settings to view the last six months, and have another that displays all time data. Excellent work here!

I still think the main informational graphics take up too much real estate. I appreciate the information they present at a quick glance, but I don't think it needs to be that large.

Specifically, the Total Miles Tracked, City vs Highway and Total Fuel-Ups graphics are the ones that could use the most downsizing. The Avg, Last and Best MPG boxes could be made maybe small enough to fit a fourth box?... or use that saved space to put the Total Miles and Total Fuel-Ups? That would free up extra space for the custom stats.

I also noticed the line graph no longer appears? That graph can help users track trends in declining fuel mileage or see if modifications truly make a difference over a long term.

Sorry for so much feedback, but I LOVE this site! It offers me so much more than my little notepad logbook ever could.
amazingrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #154

I've tracked 134,028 miles using fuelly and think it's a great site! There are a lot of things to like about the new version. The cost analysis tool is cool. The ability to track city vs. hwy is useful. Custom stats is very useful.

However, I have a few dislikes with the new version followed by recommendations to make it even better:

The Basic Stats graphs are HUGE. I like that Basic Stats are shown but I'd much prefer a smaller size that doesn't take up so much acreage on my screen. It's like the stats are shouting at me! The Total Fuel-ups icon looks like an octane rating. I don't like each item having it's own huge icon.

Are the new Advertisements needed to cover the cost of these improvements? I'd rather not have the improvements. :/

Note: I quit using other fuel tracking sites because I liked the SIMPLICITY of fuelly.com site. Now the new interface is getting too complicated like the ones I left in that you have to use mouse overs to see some data or have to click to see other data and some data is gone. The eye candy icons are ok but I like more of a no frills type of data display or at least more compact if going to keep the icons.

Recommendations:

1. Please display smaller graphics/icons for the Basic Stats. Or better yet see #2 below.

2. Use the CURRENT Basic Stats 4x3 table and give it a face lift with some color or add icons like a small odometer in the Total Miles Tracked cell for example. I like the compact size of the current Basic Stats and seeing all the data right there in one nice organized place...no clicking or mouse overs just Bam, there it is. The Cost Analysis tool and City vs Hwy icons can be right there too, but again, please make them smaller.

3. If going to use the new huge basic stats, provide a way to remove or hide them much like the way one can add a custom stat. My custom stat would be to NOT see the Basic Stat due to it's size and/or the missing data that the 4x3 version has that the new version doesn't.

4. Have the site remember my preferences so that I won't have to turn off the Basic Stats each time I login.

5. Show the notes as readable text on the Log Book on the front page (like currently is displayed on the existing version) instead of having to mouse over the icon to read the note. I like seeing the info in the notes all at once to compare to the other fuel up entry notes I made.

6. Add the number of miles tracked for the selected time frame in the Cost Analysis Tool. Currently it shows Ave Price/Gal, Ave Price/Fuel-up, Ave Price/Mile, and Total spent. It would be useful to also know how many miles driven for that same time period.

7. Under the Custom Stats selection page, Add "Last Tank" to second column drop down box. I like knowing my Ave Price/Mile for my last tank. That particular piece of data relates my driving habits AND the rising price of fuel to let me know how much it's really costing me to drive each mile. It's kind of a GOAL for me to keep it at a particular number by adjusting my driving habits to account for gas price fluctuations.

8. Add Price/Mile column to the fuel Log Book so users can see the Price per Mile for each tank. The Price/Mile data is VERY useful information that most people don't consider.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the new version with a few tweaks. Keep up the good work with the site!

V/r,

Don
Don65Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #155

Site looks good. The only comment I have is related to when I click on the link to show me similar vehicles. For example:

I click to see all Ford Super Duty pickups and the page showing the different model years comes up with an average MPG for each year. Once I click a specific model year, the individual user's trucks get listed with the average MPG for that truck in each banner... problem is, each truck shows the same MPG which is the average MPG for the entire model year and not specific to the user's truck. It would be nice to see the individual averages without having to click on each user's profile.

I hope that made sense?

Cheers,
GreatDanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #156

I ACTUALLY just caught a real bug. And this is one you guys will want to fix.....

If you look at my Aqua Z under the new site, not sure if everyone views the custom stats I show there or not, but when I use 12 month averages, I think its averaging ONLY the 12 months that I reported fuel for, NOT the actual 12 months in time, which I want.

There are some discrepancies with it, so I wanted to point this out. That particular vehicle is mostly seasonal, so when its not driven, it doesn't use gas. But Fuelly seems to only care about months that were reported for, not ones that weren't, so it throws out those months, and only counts the 12 months that I had fuel purchases, which is nearly 2 years, not just 12 months.

You might want to fix that particular bug, as it will monkey with some people expectations, and that would go for any of the month reportings....
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #157

I also noticed that under the 'logbook' table that the quantity of litres is incorrect and that the price/litre is also incorrect.

Cheers,
GreatDanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #158

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ml#post2403836

I'm stoked about the new changes!
GTGallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #159

For those of you wishing the notes in your log were expanded, there's now a handy link to "Expand notes" to show them inline, at all times.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #160

Also, to people complaining about the advertising or the width of the new site, you can hit the "Collapse sidebar" link on the right to clear that out.