A preview of our new site for Earth Day! - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #161

Is this a joke? Looks horrible! And it's too big for my browser. Web sites should be scalable, that's day 1 web design!!!

I appreciate you need to make money from adverts, but the ad is WAY too big! No one has ads that big!!

Please, please, please reconsider before you set this live!!

Smoothound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 AM   #162
pb

Smoothound, as mathowie mentioned in the comment right before yours, you can collapse the sidebar if you don't like the ad. That might help the site work better in your browser as well.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #163

It looks great. However, one tiny issue is in the left column. The Garage and Information headings. Two points:

1. the font color is too light. Maybe make it darker so it is easier to see the separation of the sections?

2. In general, the lighter grey section header as well as icons should be just a bit darker. Currently almost hurts my eyes trying to pick up the subtle difference between the background and sections.
briand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #164
Registered Member

Quote "allancawood, which Blackberry model do you have? And are you using the default browser or Opera?"

I have the Blackberry Torch 9800, and I am using the default browser.

Thanks
allancawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #165

In general, I like the new look. One issue which I would consider a bug, followed by a few likes:

[BUG] Assume I have logged in and I am viewing the basic info page for my Saturn. Then I click on "Add a FUEL UP' It takes me to the add page, but the drop down shows the first vehicle in my garage. (Which is not the Saturn.) I would prefer the Add+ page to be "smart" enough to know that I want to fuel the car I was just viewing.

Positives:

+ Love the 'Potential Savings per Fuel up' expressed as both $ and miles.

+ Like city vs. hwy pie chart and slider even though admittedly I won't use it much because I prefer to use the SMS to add fuel-ups and don't see myself editing each one after the fact.

+ Like the total miles in the large odometer font.

Bottom line: please don't sacrifice the usability and simplicity trying to bake in something for everyone.
fumtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #166

I haven't played with all the toys, just looked at the screen, and while the old one spreads nicely across the screen, the new one is all squashed over to the left and is aesthetically displeasing for that reason. Otherwise, I think I could get used to it and decide to like it. I love how the 'add new fuel up' which is mostly what I'm here for, is bolded in black and right at the top screaming 'pick me'. I always had to hunt for it on the old site - you'd think I'd remember where it is, but I generally only refuel monthly nowadays.
wairererose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #167
pb

allancawood, thanks for the info. Confirmed the problem on the 9800 and fixed it up. You should be set to add Litres with decimals now. You might want to clear your browser cache to make sure you have the latest version.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #168

When I view the notes in expanded view, the field stay narrow, only displaying a word of two per line. Am I missing some way to widen the field?
akahige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #169

Thanks for asking, first impression is it's GIANT and I'm scrolling to see the right side of screen, I like to see a long list of recent activity so I can watch my great mileage before it quickly disappears from the home page. I like lots of info right there without having to scroll. keep working on it.
MrMoeMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #170
Registered Member

Is is possible to still show the fill-up notes without having to hover over them ? Or at least make it possible to "activate" the notes so you can decide whether you have to hover over them to see them or not.

2013 Mazda 3 GS-SKY 6MT (Current)
2015 Mazda 3 Sport GX 6MT (Lease return)
2013 Mazda 3 Sport SKY-SKY 6AT (Ex's daily driver - totalled)
2007 Toyota Matrix Base 5MT (Sold)
MatrixDom is offline   Reply With Quote