A preview of our new site for Earth Day! - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #41

LOOKS GREAT! 4 thumbs up :P haha

tmant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #42

Notes I don't mind because of the search feature.

One thing - where did the EPA numbers go? I think the whole idea of tracking numbers is to give people an idea of where they are, and the EPA numbers, however flawed the test is, are a constant reminder of possibilities. If they're hidden somewhere, they really should be on the main page for each car.

The whole thing looks great!

mikewithaprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #43

Just noticed a bug - my best fillup date is incorrect on the new page. It's off by a couple months.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #44

Ooh boy, I'm hogging the posting space :-) I keep looking back at it and posting something else. Apologies, should have looked more carefully at first.

I noticed another feature has disappeared - the very powerful "how much would I save if I got 1, 2, 3 mpg more" chart. I found that absolutely brilliant, and a great way to show people with their dollars how they could save money by driving better. It would be a shame if all the features encouraging good driving and saving money and gas (the EPA numbers, this chart) went away.

It still looks great, but those things take away a lot for me.

Also, my number of fill-ups is incorrect. Should be 17, says 13 (guessing something to do with partial fillups?).
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #45

In the logbook, will we be able to change the units from Miles, Gallons and MPG to Kilometres, Litres and L/100km? I've set the units to metric but it doesn't seem to make this particular change.
jawnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #46
pb

Thanks for all the responses, ideas, and bug reports so far—we're listening.

Paw, the Browse Vehicles section is listed if you click "Tools" in the menu on the left.

Yep jawnguy, we'll get unit conversion working soon.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #47

Great! Also, will there be the inclusion of the Annual Reports? The Cost Analysis feature is pretty neat but I'd like to know the total kms driven that year as well
jawnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #48

Not sure if its the advertising tie-in or what, but the page loads HORRIBLE slow now, compared to how the current site loads.

While I type this, I am still waiting for the dashboard to come up. Bear in mind that YES I still have a dial up connection, sorry but not all parts of the world can get high speed, however even with high speed that I can borrow elsewhere, I can see a loading difference. Seems to tie up mostly loading something from google.

For me, google is like wal-mart. Bloated and hogging everything. I know that a high traffic site always wants to have some sort of ads, to generate revenue to pay for itself, but just to be off topic, I NEVER click or pay attention to ads anyway, so from my perspective they are a waste. LOL

Sad to see that you have to add that in, I think that is why my netbook doesn't fit now, the ad is pushing the page too wide.

Maybe a top or bottom horizontal ad instead?

As for some of the posters, I would assume that not all data is going to track over correctly just yet, or like in my case, some of your data entry could cause things to be off. I had to correct one of my note entries, I don't think it liked having extra !!!! points. Even made my import into Excel work weird.

As for the 1,2,3 and EPA thing being removed? EXCELLENT. I hated that thing. It goes by your averages anyway, not your last purchase price if I recall, and to be quite honest with the way most people's fill ups vary, you could go up or down 10 MPG sometimes, so that blows that thing out of the water pretty much.

I do like the idea of having a multitude of 30 averages, like the way we had price per gallon, but also for MPG, mileage driven, things like that.

I know its a work in progress, just going to have to make a point to post new updates for us to check out, or something.

Keep it up!
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #49

Multitude of 30 DAY averages, my mistake. Arrrg!
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #50

@jawnguy - There is a link below the City Vs Highway chart that says "Want to display some custom stats here?" - if you click on that you can add a stat for "Total Distance Tracked" and then the time period you are interested in... you can have whole years or a rolling period like last 3 months. The interface on how to add custom stats will be changing before launch, but the functionality is there.

@mikewithaprius - those features (how much would you save, EPA, similar cars) are not going away... you will see them return shortly...

@yourmom - there will be a dedicated log book page that will have all the notes expanded

errorik is offline   Reply With Quote