Apologies for the site going down today - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Driving on E

Apologies for the site going down today

The web hosting service I am using to host this site has begun randomly going down. This has happened twice in the past week.

While I've been assured it will not happen again, I have already begun searching for a new hosting company. I have found one that is a bit more than I want to pay right now, but it is a dedicated server and will provide much more stability than we are currently experiencing.

Considering the higher price I may have to wait a while before we upgrade to that service. I am currently working on another side project that will be hosted on the new server. When the new site is up I will transfer everything over to the faster server.

Once again, my apologies.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

i'm so used to keeping the

i'm so used to keeping the site open in a window and refreshing it thru the day, i think i might have started going into withdrawal when it started refusing my connection.

as for the money part... you know, whenever i'm on a volunteer-run site that i really appreciate, i always make a point of perusing those fascinating gooble ads periodically.

of course i only click the ones that genuinely interest me. and not so often that it would raise any suspicion. not that anyone would be suspicious. suspicious of what? exactly.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote