App is always very slow to use - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #1

App is always very slow to use

For both my wife and myself, on both of our 4G phones (android, HTC EVO 4G and EVO 3D) the app starts quickly but once we select a car, it takes minutes for the next screen to come up.

I pretty easily get 5Mb down and 2Mb up with my connection in the city, so that's not the issue. But when I select my car from the list on the main screen, if I do this when I start pumping gas it usually only loads around the time the tank is done filling. And for my wife, it still usually hasn't loaded.

Once I enter the data and hit Fill Up, then the next page loads fairly quickly.

We're using the same account since we swap cars.

snokarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
pb

Sorry about the trouble. That is painfully slow. I'm not sure why that would be. I use the Mobile site quite a bit and haven't experienced times that slow. (I use an iPhone over 3G.)

You might try bookmarking the fuel-up page for your car and see if that speeds things up. So instead of loading the menu and then clicking, you can just click the bookmark for the specific car.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
pb

Another option is to try clicking the 'Basic' link at the bottom of any Mobile Fuelly page. That will remove all styling and effects. There could be a page transition that's eating up processing or something. The basic version won't look as fancy, but it should at least eliminate the possibility that page effects are causing problems.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
pb

Oh, one more thing. Just to check—are you starting Fuelly in a browser, or with the unofficial launcher in the Android app store? If you're using the app, you might just try loading Fuelly Mobile in your browser and see if that's causing the problem
Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #5

"You might try bookmarking the fuel-up page for your car and see if that speeds things up. So instead of loading the menu and then clicking, you can just click the bookmark for the specific car." - pb

That's what I do and it works very well with a cheapo Android phone with a fairly slow Sprint data rate. Two vehicles, two browser shortcuts to each of their data entry pages.
DoorDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #6

Ahh, I didn't realize the app was "unofficial". I noticed it's just a wrapper on a website. The delay occurs after choosing a vehicle.

I don't see a "basic" option at the bottom of any page, on my phone.

I'll try just using the website next time I fuel up.

Thanks!

snokarver is offline   Reply With Quote