Confirmed: Bikes Missing - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
Out of Fuel

Hi Charon,

Thank you! You've done what we hope many users will be able to do by standardizing their vehicles. The previous Fuelly incarnation had a problem with the same vehicle being listed in different areas. Over time, users added their vehicle as they thought it should be and then requested it to be added as an official vehicle. There doesn't seem to have been a lot of research done on our end to see if these requests should be added. Instead of telling the user that their vehicle already exists, just listed in a different manner, we ended up with the same vehicle listed 3, 4, or 4 different ways. By prompting you to update your vehicle, you know the most about it and best able to find a listing that matches it.

Yes, there are many vehicles, especially motorcycles that currently don't have a valid listing for you to choose. I'm going to get you the request link back today and we will get started on getting the "custom" vehicles back into the system but do it in a way that we get all of the same vehicles listed together.

fbingha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
Registered Member

As regards to my car, it's an Abarth, which is a separate brand in the UK, but I believe Abarths are sold by Fiat in the US, hence the confusion. There are historic cars made by Abarth that are not Fiat related, hence my request to make it a separate brand for international users etc.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #13
Out of Fuel

Yes, we will do that.
fbingha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #14
E1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbingha View Post
Hi Charon,

Thank you! You've done what we hope many users will be able to do by standardizing their vehicles. The previous Fuelly incarnation had a problem with the same vehicle being listed in different areas. Over time, users added their vehicle as they thought it should be and then requested it to be added as an official vehicle. There doesn't seem to have been a lot of research done on our end to see if these requests should be added. Instead of telling the user that their vehicle already exists, just listed in a different manner, we ended up with the same vehicle listed 3, 4, or 4 different ways. By prompting you to update your vehicle, you know the most about it and best able to find a listing that matches it.

Yes, there are many vehicles, especially motorcycles that currently don't have a valid listing for you to choose. I'm going to get you the request link back today and we will get started on getting the "custom" vehicles back into the system but do it in a way that we get all of the same vehicles listed together.
That fixed it for me and it was a needed change as well to keep the model categories straight, with a standardized naming set.

For those who have performed an "edit vehicle type," be aware it takes a few minutes for your changes to save to the Browse Vehicles page.

Thanks Fuelly!

E1 is offline   Reply With Quote