Different Currencies for Different Cars - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Different Currencies for Different Cars

Hi,

Having recently moved from one country to another, it would be great if you could set a specific currency/location for each car. I only have one car and the present currency is correct, but looking at the data from my previous cars, the present currency is assumed as the currency used back then. This throws the values for fill ups on my previous cars off hugely. So if someone looks at my previous cars, they will be horrified by the costs for a fill up.

It's just a feature you may consider adding at some stage. I couldn't find anywhere to give feedback, figured this was the most appropriate place. I've used Fuelly for many years, and appreciate all the effort that goes into running and maintaining the site.

LordVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Hi,

Having recently moved from one country to another, it would be great if you could set a specific currency/location for each car. I only have one car and the present currency is correct, but looking at the data from my previous cars, the present currency is assumed as the currency used back then. This throws the values for fill ups on my previous cars off hugely. So if someone looks at my previous cars, they will be horrified by the costs for a fill up.

It's just a feature you may consider adding at some stage. I couldn't find anywhere to give feedback, figured this was the most appropriate place. I've used Fuelly for many years, and appreciate all the effort that goes into running and maintaining the site.
Sorry I missed this post.
If you Edit each vehicle you can set the Location of the vehicle so that the currency figures make better sense. If you do NOT set the location on a per vehicle basis, the "location" defaults to the user profile's location that you set upon creation of your account.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Sorry I missed this post.
If you Edit each vehicle you can set the Location of the vehicle so that the currency figures make better sense. If you do NOT set the location on a per vehicle basis, the "location" defaults to the user profile's location that you set upon creation of your account.
Thanks for the response, that's exactly what I was after. Much appreciated.
LordVader is offline   Reply With Quote