Distinction in 'garage' for cars we no longer own - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #1

Distinction in 'garage' for cars we no longer own

I have three cars listed in my profile, but I only own two of them at the moment. I added the third (a Honda Accord I sold in February) because I had some mileage data and I wanted to share it with the community. However, I will never be adding new fills to that vehicle's profile. Would there be some way to separate the Garage into current and previous vehicles? I recognize that this is likely not a concern for most users at the moment, but as the site ages and people transition to different vehicles, it may become an issue.

Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
pb

I completely agree, and we have this in our plans. We're not sure if we're going to have a single "retired" status, or if we'll have a few to choose from. But we agree there should be a distinction between vehicles you're currently fueling up, and ones that have moved on.

For the time being you could note the status of your car in the description, but having a "Past Cars" section in addition to "Garage" would be a better solution.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #3

I'd really appreciate this as well. I'm kind of a dumbass and happen to have 4 cars and 2 bikes, not including my g/f's car. One of the cars is for sale, but I'd like to be able to "retire" it so I can add my other bike to the garage.
rem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #4

i have an expression that is most apt:

"out with the old, in with the new."

basically: throw it out! get rid of it! if you dont have the car anymore, who cares what mileage it GOT...people want to know what mileage its GETTING! im sure there will be PLENTY of other Honda Accords added on to this website, seeing as how they are one of the most popular cars in the universe!
everythingzen is offline   Reply With Quote