Do I have to fill the Odometer reading even in partial fuel-ups?? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Do I have to fill the Odometer reading even in partial fuel-ups??

I'm a relatively new user and tried to combine two fill-ups, apartial and a complete one.

I didn't take note of the odometer in the partial fill-up, thinking that Fuelly will calculate the total consumption from my last complete fill-up (making an average of the two)
But instead of this it calculated nothing for the partial one (as expected) and a rediculous low milage for the complete one, as it thought I did all these km's with just the fuel of the last fill-up.

I thought that the point of the partial fill-ups option was that you don't have to write down your odo reading (which is a pita as you have to have a pen ready which is not always easy for me) and just keep the receipt from the station, so that Fuelly will calculate all the fill-ups when you finally do a complete one and fill the Odo reading.

Am I missing something?

alexring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:47 AM   #2
Registered Member

Partial fill is for the times you don't fully fill the tank, but it still needs a mileage entry to not throw things off. I'm going by trip odometer, and the system will see a partial fill entry without a mileage reading as the car going zero miles for that fuel used. Partial fills also aren't calculated individually, but just included in lifetime numbers.

I think you have to restart the calculations with a full fill when using the odometer, as if starting a new car, if there is an entry without any miles.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks a lot!
alexring is offline   Reply With Quote