Editting Problem - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #1

Editting Problem

There is a problem when editing old fill ups - if you make an error in entering the price per gallon, it will warn you when you try and update, but at the same time it will change the date to today's date, so when you fix the price and update, the wrong date (today's) is used for the old fill up.

Originally I had entered my price per gallon without the 9/10s, so I went back in an edited my fill ups changing the price. I mis-typed the amount and when I hit updated it warning me with red message saying the price was too large, when I fixed the price and updated, it had changed the date to today's date, instead of the original fill up date. The result was confusing, and I did not know what had gone wrong at first. I deleted the fill up and re-entered to fix the problem.

insightfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #2

I was reviewing the edit page myself, it shows the date field at the bottom, did you try to set the date to the correct one then submit the changes and it still had the wrong date? If not, try that first.

One other way I think one way to fix this problem, is to go in, delete the entry. Make a new fuel up entry and set the date (there is a place for the date in there too) and then re submit it, if this is a bug with the edit tool.

Good luck!

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
pb

Thanks for the detailed error report. The form was reverting to the current day when showing the error message, but it should be working now.

In the future, you can edit the date of a fuel-up like DTMAce mentioned instead of deleting and re-entering.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote