Estimated Hwy MPG - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #1

Estimated Hwy MPG

Is the Estimated Hwy MPG feature working? It seems to be a mirror value of the Avg MPG. Is something not working right or has it just not been implemented?

Thanks

S8ER01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #2

Nevermind... seems you don't estimate you just base your comparison against the average (showing the difference)... I guess I thought I saw something else.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

Hrmm, I suppose you could try to estimate highway and city fuel economy by looking at the variance of your data?
rem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 AM   #4

I'm guessing they didn't do something like this due to complexity... would be a cool idea but probably not accurate.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
pb

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what you're asking about here. I'm guessing you'd like Fuelly to calculate your highway vs. city mileage?

Maybe if we had a way for people to report what percentage of a tank was used for what type of driving we could show some sort of statistics about highway versus city, but I think even that would be fairly wild guessing by all parties.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 AM   #6

completely agree. I misinterpreted what I was seeing and thought you were doing something like this. Once I realized my mistake I wasn't able to remove my thread, and here we are.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #7

yea you would have to put in what percentage did you drive city? and and then it would put the rest as highway. This would not be too bad if you did all city one time and then went on along trip. Normaly I would have to say 90% city 10% highway. It could be option to use for us hard core Fuelly folks! LOL!
VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #8
pb

We've talked about including a slider on the fuel-up page that lets you estimate what percentage of city vs. highway driving you think you had for the last tank. I do think it'd be fun to start accumulating that data, but I don't think it's going to be very accurate. Which means a city/highway slider (and any stats that come from that input) could end up being frustrating for people who want precision.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #9

yeah, I really think it's too difficult to differentiate between city and highway driving - particularly if you're in an area like Houston where you do a lot of city driving on the highway... the best you could do would assign a "feel" to your driving.

rem83 is offline   Reply With Quote