Forums are not marking themselves as "read" - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Forums are not marking themselves as "read"

I am now having to go to the bottom of the main forum page to click on "mark all forums as read." They do not automatically mark themselves as read when you read them.

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

Its marking as read for me. Could it be your cookie settings are preventing it from marking as read?

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I believe you're experiencing the recent change to database-based tracking of read posts.

Quote:
Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.
Those who like the automated neatness of things being marked read en masse without reading them will not like this change. Those who want to read one thread now, come back later, and not miss a thread that was automatically marked read will prefer it.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

My issue is that even after I read the thread, it will still not mark it as read. I have a Mac. I will check the cookie settings later.
IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote