Gas Savers joins Fuelly - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Site Team

Gas Savers joins Fuelly

I am very excited to share the new that Gas Savers is going to merge with Fuelly and become the official forums for the 175k Fuelly users! We are hoping that having more collective members contribute to the forums we can increase the vibrancy of the discussions and thus create value for all involved.

I meant to post this news last week but I kept getting called away with some family tasks (ahh the holidays!). We plan to merge the forums tomorrow, your login and password will work just like they always have. If you need support, just use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page of the forums.

The garage feature of GasSavers will be discontinued but members will be able to export their data and move it easily into Fuelly.

Regards,

Andy

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
Site Team

This is very exciting news and it will be nice to have some new members
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Site Team

We've been offline for several hours and still have some integration work to do. You may see some changes to your accounts and features as we work through these - thanks in advance for your patience
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
BDC
Registered Member

So it appears that all Fuelly members just got new accounts on Gas Savers, since there is no way to get to a member's Fuelly page from the forum.

Also all of my Fuelly mail has been deleted. But instead it appears that I have a private message from 2009 from another gas saver member which I have never heard of. Also, it has my full last name which I don't believe is associated with my Fuelly account. That's more than a little creepy to be honest.

I would prefer not to have a gas savers forum account for a variety of reasons. Can I delete my forum account without deleting my five plus years of Fuelly data?
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
Site Team

BDC, thanks for your patience as we resolve many of these items. Regarding the link to the Fuelly profile, we will be redirecting the vBulletin profile links to the users Fuelly profile. Same thing goes for PMs, those will be redirected to the Fuelly Mail system. Really we just want vBulletin for the forum section, not the other features such as PMs, profiles, friends, etc. Fuelly is the main platform here so we plan to use Fuelly features when there is something redundant as listed previously.

We can help you if you want to delete an old Gas Savers account. Just send in a request to support at fuelly.com and we will get your account fixed right up.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
BDC
Registered Member

No, I mean can I delete my new gas savers account that you guys created for me yesterday, but continue to use Fuelly as a gas logging website?

If not, can you at least provide assurance that the original Fuelly privacy policy that existed before the site's recent ownership transfer is still in effect: "We will never sell or trade your registration information or spam you (you can turn off any/all email notifications in your user settings). Fuelly will not share such information with partners, affiliates, vendors, advertisers, sponsors or other third parties, unless required by law."
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC View Post
No, I mean can I delete my new gas savers account that you guys created for me yesterday, but continue to use Fuelly as a gas logging website?

If not, can you at least provide assurance that the original Fuelly privacy policy that existed before the site's recent ownership transfer is still in effect: "We will never sell or trade your registration information or spam you (you can turn off any/all email notifications in your user settings). Fuelly will not share such information with partners, affiliates, vendors, advertisers, sponsors or other third parties, unless required by law."
Don't worry BDC, as one of the admins from the former GasSavers.org site, I can tell you that we have never used membership information for any reason except running our forums. Our list was never shared or sold, and I do not see this happening now that we have merged with Fuelly.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #9
Registered Member

Any timeline on when gassaver users will have their fuel data ported to fuelly?
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
Site Team

The plan is to allow Gas Savers users to export their data and then import it using Fuelly's import feature. This should be available soon, we'll post more info about this process shortly.