how does the site compute 90 day average? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #1

how does the site compute 90 day average?

I finally settled on a better program to put on my phone to track mileage so now I can get the miles driven per tank easily. I have been doing it the lazy way and putting 1 gallon and however many miles per gallon for the miles. But now I can actually put real numbers in.

So if I start putting in real miles will it mangle my average till the old numbers drop off from the 90 day avg?

Is it total 90 day miles/total 90 day gallons = avg or average the mpg numbers of the last 90 days?

btw: the program I got is called auto 3 in 1 and it has a phone and desktop version for when you activesync your windows mobile phone to keep both copies sync'd up.

CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have double checked several times and it appears to be calculated as you described. It used to take to the beginning of the 92 day for a fill to fall off the 90 day average. Some asked about that and Matt changed it to 89.5 days. Now it seems to be closer to 89 day average than 90 day. For expample that 56 mpg fill dropped off my 90 day average sooner than I expected.

As far as your other question I can only speculate but I think it will work as you anticipate. Mangle .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
I finally settled on a better program to put on my phone to track mileage so now I can get the miles driven per tank easily. I have been doing it the lazy way and putting 1 gallon and however many miles per gallon for the miles. But now I can actually put real numbers in.

So if I start putting in real miles will it mangle my average till the old numbers drop off from the 90 day avg?

Is it total 90 day miles/total 90 day gallons = avg or average the mpg numbers of the last 90 days?

btw: the program I got is called auto 3 in 1 and it has a phone and desktop version for when you activesync your windows mobile phone to keep both copies sync'd up.