How to dual-tank??? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-05-2020, 12:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

How to dual-tank???

I'm having an issue with autogas. I have two tanks, one gas/petrol and one autogas/LPG.

I want to record every time I fill up but allow me to say that this fill up should be calculated as an average with the last fillups since last filling gas/petrol.

So I want to see see my mileage for everytime I fill LPG, but I want it to to also show average since last time I filled petrol/gas.

So if each of three fillings are 20 l of LPG and I now fill 5 litres of petrol, then it should summarise 65 l and however many kilometres I went and show me an average.

It would then show 4 fuel consumptions, one for each time I filled LPG, and one average of all the previous LPG fillings plus this filling of gas/petrol.

what I have to do now is either go back and set everything as partial and then put in the gas filling as the actual filling. The problem with that is that I want to see average for each fill. Not just when I fill gas..

Or I can do like adding the petrol to the last fillup but that will give me the wrong consumption.

Amazing that that site doesn't already feature this.

andreasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:27 AM   #2
LDB
Registered Member

Well I'm totally confused but can you set up two different cars, one for each fuel type, and just enter the info for that type fuel and get your numbers that way?

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

Fuelly isn't designed for bi- or dual-fuel vehicles(this includes PHEVs).

You'll have to set up separate entries for the car, each using the different fuel.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Well I'm totally confused but can you set up two different cars, one for each fuel type, and just enter the info for that type fuel and get your numbers that way?
Not really as it uses a little bit of petrol in the beginning and then goes over to LPG.
andreasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

If you use so little petrol it is pointless. Fuelly doesn't work for vehicles returning above a certain mpg. Just measure the LPG and be done with it.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:20 AM   #6
Registered Member

I agree if the gasoline is only used for start and warm up before switching the LPG that it isn't worth tracking the miles separate, which you would have to do for measuring it.

When you do fill the gasoline tank, just track it with "add a note". Haven't used the feature myself, but it should add the gasoline cost to the car statistics.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote