iPhone/Andoid App - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #1

iPhone/Andoid App

iPhone/Android app

Fuelly would be a great app to have on a phone. Any plans to bring one to market?

Zoolook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
pb

First, try out Fuelly Mobile at m.fuelly.com. It's our fuel-up site optimized for phones. You can also add a fuel-up via SMS on your phone.

We don't have plans for a native app for any platform. But we're working on an API that will allow other mileage-tracking app-makers to send fuel-ups to Fuelly as well.

You can read some recent past discussion of this for more of our thinking on native apps here and here and many more here.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #3

The mobile web app version is ok, but it would be nice if it was expanded from simply being able enter in fillups. I'd like to browse records, and more importantly, fix a fillup that I put the wrong number in without trying to remember to do it from home on the computer. I know I can tap on "full version" on my Android phone, but seriously, have you tried that? Yuck!

That being said, don't rule out an app completely. I hate having to use the web browser on my phone for anything, as I have an app for everything I need on the internet. Yours is the only one. Hate the web apps.
Daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
pb

...have you tried that? Yuck!

Absolutely. We want the Full Site to work on Android phones and we think it looks pretty good. Everyone is going to have different preferences for things, but was the site not working for you on your phone? If there's a problem we'd like to fix it up.

Let us know what version of Android you have, and which browser you're using and we'll take a look.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #5

Iphone app!

we all want it, just make it!
Bunchlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
pb

We know people want it, but it's not something we're going to do. You can read some of the previous threads for our reasoning.

Once we release our API we're betting some existing mileage-tracking apps will include a "send to Fuelly" option. We also provide Fuelly Mobile and fuel-ups via SMS as mentioned.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #7

I don't want an app! And I don't see what is wrong with a web page customised for mobile use. All an app is is a wrapper for that - and it needs to be customised for every flavour of phone...

Also I think the full fuelly site looks great on my Android phone.
timhewison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #8

I just got back from a long road trip where an app would have been brilliant because I fueled up at a station without cell network coverage. It would have been nice to be able to enter everything in offline and just have it sync later.

I'm very much enjoying the use of this site, though, and not staring a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you.
magnus919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
pb

Yeah, I can see that an offline mode would be good if you're going in and out of cell range.

SMS might work for you in those situations right now. You can send the message out of cell range it should send automatically once you're back in range.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #10

>It would have been nice to be able to enter everything in offline and just have it sync later.

That's where my 'bits of paper in the car' solution would have worked :-)

Seriously, I printed off a page of little labels which contain all the info I enter into fuelly (which is a lot more than most people, since I also keep track of things like: mileage when the dial moved off 'full', and when the reserve light came on). So I never need to enter the fuel-up immediately, I can wait until I have a spare moment.

MMUK is offline   Reply With Quote