Miscategorized cars. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #1

Miscategorized cars.

What to do about miscategorized cars.

I've been running into people who have miscategorized their cars. There should be a way to flag these cars and have the owner correct it. Or give users the option to change it until the the own chnages it back or to the right. For people looking for, and needing, good info these cars can really through off the stats.

catching45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
pb

This is one of the hazards of a self-reporting system. We have to live with bad categorizing and bad data. Usually the people who want to use the system correctly far outweigh the people making mistakes so it works out ok.

If someone is being deliberately malicious we can take action. But if someone has an unrealistic MPG for the vehicle or an odd model name or something, there's not much we can do.

We do have Fuelly Mail. So you're welcome to contact folks when you spot something off. Look for the little envelope icon on profiles to send someone a message. Often folks just need a nudge once in a while to move their vehicle to a correct category. We offer the option to turn off Fuelly Mail as well, so anyone who is annoyed at being contacted could turn it off. I'm guessing most people won't mind a friendly note

If someone is being malicious, you can use the 'Report This Page' link at the bottom of any page. It will flag the page for our review.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #3

PB, roger that, thanks. Another way to neutralize outliers would be to have more imputs. So keep growing the site, I love the site and I know there are a lot of other people who will as well.
catching45 is offline   Reply With Quote