Mobile App and Multiple vehicles? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #1

Mobile App and Multiple vehicles?

Anyone else having problems with multiple vehicles and the mobile App?

A few weeks ago I had a couple of fill ups in my Titan that were assigned to my Xterra. I had to get online, delete them for it and re-enter for the Titan to fix. I thought I had just fat fingered the fill up, but today the same thing happened when I filled up my wife's Jetta, it appeared in my Titan fuel log. I know I selected the correct vehicle and even backed up a page in my phone to confirm that the Jetta was the one I had selected. Just me and my phone or are others having issues?

Furrner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
pb

Just to be super clear—Fuelly doesn't have an App on any mobile platform. We have a website optimized for phones at m.fuelly.com. So you should be accessing that site through your phone's web browser.

That said, I'm not sure what's happening for you here. Which phone and browser are you using? How do you bring up the Fuelly site? Do you have it bookmarked? Do you have a specific vehicle bookmarked, or the main site at m.fuelly.com?

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #3

The phone is a Casio Commando on Verizon using the stock browser.

I have the main site at http://m.fuelly.com bookmarked which brings up a page with buttons for the 3 vehicles I have in my garage and about fuelly Mobile, Set units and Sign out below them.

It has worked fine until just a few weeks ago. Then it happened a couple of times for the Titan fill ups which made me wary when filling the Jetta yesterday. I knew there was a problem when after entering the fill up info and hitting submit the MPG showed as 0.000 which I suspect was due the numbers being so far off. I immediately backed up a page and the VW Jetta was listed at the top of the page. I went inside and looked on my main computer and sure enough a 19th fuel up had been added for the Titan.

Sitting here again I have just added a dummy fuel up to the Jetta and now you will see a 19th fuel up for the Titan showing up.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
pb

That is odd—we haven't made any changes to the mobile site on this end.

What you might do is switch to the "Basic" version of the mobile site. Go to m.fuelly.com and click the "Basic" link at the bottom of the page. This will set a cookie that tells your phone to remove all formatting and page transitions. Then try selecting your car and adding a fuel-up.

My guess is that your phone is caching some pages somewhere along the way. You could try clearing your browser cache/history on your phone and see if that makes a difference too.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #5

That seems to have cured it. I added a couple of dummy fuel ups in the basic site and it worked OK, just switched back to mobile and did the same and again everything is as it should be. Not sure what happened? Thank you for your help.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
pb

I'm not sure what exactly happened either. My guess is still some caching that your phone is doing. I would just really make sure that top line where it says "Fuel-up:" has the right vehicle listed. And if it's easy to reload a page on your phone you might try a reload on the fuel-up form once in a while just to make sure you aren't seeing a cached version of the page.

If it's not too much hassle you could add a separate bookmark for each vehicle too that goes directly to the fuel-up form for that vehicle. That would mean less back and forth with the server each time and less chance that something will get cached in the process.