MPG not calculated - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

MPG not calculated

Just entered a fuel up and the MPG said zero. Even after I edit the mpg still won't calculate.

Dan

austxdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Registered Member

Ah - think I solved myself.

Previous fill up was marked as "partial" since I had motorcycle at the shop and they reset the trip odometer. That zeroed out that fill up and apparently the one following. Not sure why since I use the "distance since last fill up" rather than odometer reading for my bike.

If I un-check the "partial" - then both empty mpg fill ups calculate correctly.

I guess I'll just "guesstimate" on the partial to keep things calculating smoothly.

D.

austxdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

I just added a fuel up for my Chevy Volt its been 3 months and 5707.7 miles with 8.1 gallons. Yes that's right post my MPG is over 700+ MPG, I have encountered this when I had one over 500mpg.
markh21518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxdan View Post
Ah - think I solved myself.

Previous fill up was marked as "partial" since I had motorcycle at the shop and they reset the trip odometer. That zeroed out that fill up and apparently the one following. Not sure why since I use the "distance since last fill up" rather than odometer reading for my bike.

If I un-check the "partial" - then both empty mpg fill ups calculate correctly.

I guess I'll just "guesstimate" on the partial to keep things calculating smoothly.

D.
You are correct, when a fuel-up is marked as Partial, it and the following fill will not display MPG, but they are included in your overall average.

It sounds like you could've marked the previous fill-up as a "Missed" and Fuelly would've skipped that one (new starting point) and you could've had MPG calculated for this latest fill-up.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markh21518 View Post
I just added a fuel up for my Chevy Volt its been 3 months and 5707.7 miles with 8.1 gallons. Yes that's right post my MPG is over 700+ MPG, I have encountered this when I had one over 500mpg.
Your Volt's MPG not displaying is not related to the OP's issue. Yours is because Fuelly knows that 700MPG is not physically possible on fuel alone and therefore throws it out as a probable error.

We're looking to better adjust Fuelly to accept Electric/PHEV vehicles, but at this time, it will not display the MPGe data appropriately.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
Registered Member

Will fuelly somehow one day be able to track the cost of fully electric vehicles? Maybe miles per charge etc. I am considering a fully electric car for my town use in the future as the prices are very low now (not as popular as hybrids or diesels)

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Will fuelly somehow one day be able to track the cost of fully electric vehicles? Maybe miles per charge etc. I am considering a fully electric car for my town use in the future as the prices are very low now (not as popular as hybrids or diesels)
Yes, that is in our plans for Fuelly. However, I do not have a set timeline when it'll be available.

Tags
mpg problem