New Fuelly Design - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #31

Site looks good. Not seeing too many problems, but will point out a couple of things I did notice...

The two tone line position of the background color, seems to be a bit off when the sidebar is hidden. It doesn't line up with aspects of the site, kinda creates an off look to it. Does not affect the function, just a visual thing.

Like the colors. Like the ability to show or hide the side bar, the notes field, etc. Great points. I use this a lot with a netbook, works great.

Only suggestion I can add to, is the city/highway thing. For me, rather than an N/A, I would like to preset it for each vehicle, for my known normal amount as a default, so I can just adjust it for fill ups that actually vary from the norm, rather than have to adjust each and every one. Otherwise I most likely will not be using it.

That's my only thought there.

Everything else appears to be good. Keep it up!

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #32

Looks to me like you didn't beta test. It looks really bad on my Google Chrome. Really annoying to look at.

jsinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #33

I liked having all the stats up front. Now it looks all girly and fluffy. Is there a way to go back to Classic mode?
xaarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #34

@DMTAce - As you start to use the new system you should see that the City Driving % will default to the same percentage as your last fuel-up on a per car basis. So if each of your cars has it's own average it should be easy leave as is or make slight adjustments as you go along.

@jsinton - I've used Google Chrome quite a bit on the new site. Is there something in particular that seems off? Also, what OS/screen resolution are you on?

@xaarman - what stats are you missing now? Through the customized mini stats you should be able to have even more stats than before, with the exact settings you want.
errorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #35

My laptop screen resolution is 1366x768. The vehicle screen shows me not more than the following: picture of my car, three mpg values, the total number of miles tracked and the average price per gallon. I need to scroll down to see the rest. It would be lovely to be able to see all main stats in one screen at say 1024 px screen width.

Minor remark: because the main stats are not customizable and one cannot remove them, why are they offered again in the min stats lists?
iznljca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #36

Glad you guys listened to everyone complaining about how the color choice sucked... I agree with others that main stats are WAY oversized as well. While the new design does have one or two positives, the old design was far, far better.
KUweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #37
sbw
Registered Member

New design requires a VERY wide window to avoid the horizontal scroll bar. And when the window isn't wide enough, the central column bleeds into the darker background of the right sidebar. It just looks broken.
sbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #38
sbw
Registered Member

Having trouble finding the permalink to individual fuel-ups.
sbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #39

@iznljca - While it is possible to recreate the main stats down in the mini stats, the mini stats can have the time period fine tuned. So you might re-use a metric (Avg MPG) but have the time period at Last 3 Months. I actually have Avg MPG repeated twice next to each other comparing the last 3 months to the last 12 months.
errorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #40

Very nice. Fuelly is simple, very well designed and easy to use. More websites should be like this.

One think I personally don't like however is the city driving % as it's kind of hard thinking back to the last 1,200km to try to figure it out. It would be nice to be able to disable this feature.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote