Odometer reset to 0 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Odometer reset to 0

Hi, is there an option to set the km of the odometer to 0 in fuelly? I have had my complete instrument panel replaced after 6 months and the overall km shows 0 now in the car.

Bramborambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:05 AM   #2
Site Team

No, there is no way to reset the odometer to zero.

I would suggest creating a "new" vehicle to begin your tracking with the new odometer.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

Alternatively switch to trip odometer method of tracking, requires reseting each fuel up, but doesn't matter if you miss one or two.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
Registered Member

Ok, thanks. I will create a "new" car.
Bramborambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #5
Registered Member

This scenario (replacing an odometer) is not uncommon with a motorcycle, and not unheard of with other vehicles. In fact, I recently had to replace the odometer/speedometer on my motorcycle. And nine years ago, I had replaced the original broken odometer on this same motorcycle with an odometer from a salvage yard, which had a nonzero odometer value.

Fuelly, please provide a feature to set an arbitrary value for the odometer in the vehicle settings, with a very clear "Are you sure?" and an explanation of what will happen.

Meanwhile, here's how I reset the odometer to 0 in the Fuelly app for iOS:

1) For accuracy, fuel up the vehicle as soon as possible when the odometer is replaced.
2) Log the Fuelup in Fuelly using the old odometer's final reading.
3) Set the vehicle's Fuel Tracking to Trip Distance.
4) Log a Fuelup for a trip distance of 1 mile with 0 gallons. (Alternatively, simply log the next Fuelup using the correct trip distance and other Fuelup details.)
5) Set the vehicle's Fuel Tracking to Odometer.
6) The next Fuelup will allow you to use an odometer reading of anything above 0.

Note that Fuelly for iOS crashed twice during this process, but all the data was retained. (Fuelly for iOS Version 3.3.4 Build 1757, running on iPhone Xs Max with iOS 12.3.1)
mstonespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:06 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstonespeedy View Post
This scenario (replacing an odometer) is not uncommon with a motorcycle, and not unheard of with other vehicles. In fact, I recently had to replace the odometer/speedometer on my motorcycle. And nine years ago, I had replaced the original broken odometer on this same motorcycle with an odometer from a salvage yard, which had a nonzero odometer value.

Fuelly, please provide a feature to set an arbitrary value for the odometer in the vehicle settings, with a very clear "Are you sure?" and an explanation of what will happen.

Meanwhile, here's how I reset the odometer to 0 in the Fuelly app for iOS:

1) For accuracy, fuel up the vehicle as soon as possible when the odometer is replaced.
2) Log the Fuelup in Fuelly using the old odometer's final reading.
3) Set the vehicle's Fuel Tracking to Trip Distance.
4) Log a Fuelup for a trip distance of 1 mile with 0 gallons. (Alternatively, simply log the next Fuelup using the correct trip distance and other Fuelup details.)
5) Set the vehicle's Fuel Tracking to Odometer.
6) The next Fuelup will allow you to use an odometer reading of anything above 0.

Note that Fuelly for iOS crashed twice during this process, but all the data was retained. (Fuelly for iOS Version 3.3.4 Build 1757, running on iPhone Xs Max with iOS 12.3.1)

Spot on. Worked on my Windows 10 PC! It resets the Odo and allowed me to do a i mile trip to get the new Odo distance registered. (Second hand Odo for a very old vehicle)

Thanks for posting
Rumour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

@Rumour: Excellent! I'm glad it worked for you, too. Thanks for the follow-up.

mstonespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote