Past yearly vehicle stats. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
MEP

Past yearly vehicle stats.

Now that fuelly has been around for a while and there are alot f regular users tracking all their mileage for their cars for the last frw years is is it possible under each vehicle profile to have a tab yoj can click on with past years under it (2009/2010 and next year 2011 added) so that you can see you mileage, averge MPG and price per mile cost and total spent for those past years respectivly? Would help people to see what their past average MPG or running costs were which would be handy for reference.

MEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
pb

Yeah, we should do something like this. If we just show mileage, avg MPG, and price/mile we probably could show it on the same page somewhere. But it might make sense to do it on a separate page so there's plenty of space to work with.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
MEP

Cool. I look forward to it (sorry about spelling in previous post, looks like I was drunk, but was posting from phone instead. Lol).
MEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
pb

ok, we're ready to test the new annual stats page. Go to your vehicle profile and add this to the URL: /annual. That will take you to a page that shows some stats for each year you've been reporting at Fuelly. Here are the annual reports for my RAV4 if you want to see an example.

I just finished coding this up and there are bound to be bugs so keep that in mind as you try it out. And please report any bugs here.

Once we've put this page through its paces a bit I'll link to it from all vehicle profile pages.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #5

Works fine! Though I'm not sure if the first year is right on mine or not... The average seemed low.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dtmace/caravan/annual

Anyways, nice work!
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
pb

yeah, I thought my first couple years looked low compared to my overall average too. To double check take the total distance tracked in the year divided by the total fuel volume. It should equal the MPG.

And to make sure those numbers are right you could always do an export and calculate the distance and fuel volume for a year with Excel. It all checks out for me, but there definitely could be bugs lurking in there.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
BDC
Registered Member

Man PB has been busy huh. This is awesome! Exactly what fuelly needed, more stats reporting! Makes it all the more useful when you have something more than average MPG to compare it to. Plus it helps you compare trends in gas prices. Amazing how much the cost per mile changed from 2008 to 2009 to 2010.
BDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #8
pb

For the record I did find a bug with odometer users and missed fuel-ups. The annual reports were counting the volume fueled on missed fuel-ups even though there's no way to calculate the preceding mileage. Once I dropped those out the numbers made more sense.

We were already doing this everywhere else on the site, just missed that detail when I put these new reports together.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #9

Nice new feature, like it a lot.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #10

Whatever you did, fixed it. I have yet to have any missed or partials, so that wasn't an issue, but I think it dropped the first fill-up, which resulted in 0 mpg as it was odometer and probably threw the stat off..

Nice work!

DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote