please delete bogus garage entries - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I'm all for people not useing gas (walking, riding a bike, hang gliding) but it's simply not possible to make a gas log for a vehicle that doesn't use gas! I would there for classify it as a relitive of spam, and it should be removed.
it would be nice if there were a "non gas" area, but it's difficult to find accurite ways to calculate the leg power to gas conversion, unless you figure out how much gas it took to grow and transport your food as well, but that is not really my point, a bike shouldn't be in the gas car catigory, nor should a motorcycle, there is however a catigory for motorcycles because they do use gas, and I would feel just fine having a moped in that catigory, I would also feel fine having a gas powered bicycle in there.
I have an electric bicycle, and I wouldn't bother making a gas log for it unless I did something like hooked it up to a gas generator, and figured out how many miles per charge I got, and how many charges per gallon I could do, insted of fallowing vauge ideals of how much energy is in a gallon of gas, and how much energy is stored in my battery... that doesn't fallow reality, I figure if you can't personaly proove that only one gallon of gas was used to propel your bike 700 miles, then show us how you did that.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
Registered Member

Not to disagree with your position on the gas logs, but it's a fairly well established relationship between calories actually burned from various forms of exercise. Gasoline can also be measured in terms of calories used, and if a person travels 700 miles using the same number of calories, it's still a valid measure of efficiency. Throwing in the issue of transport and storage could just as easily be assesed against other fuels.

But relative to this thread, that's just a technicality.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #23
Supporting Member

I was replying to the question by Landspeed. I guess it's hard for you to follow because I wasn't talking to you. I think everyone is here to be a little more free (energy independent). Maybe there should be a vehicles costing 30K and up category for those of us lugging around all of our extra paycheck.

my favorite thread
88HF is offline   Reply With Quote