Potential Savings Per Fuel-up - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 AM   #1

Potential Savings Per Fuel-up

I just realized that the Potential Savings Per Fuel-up only show up if the setting selected is the US one. Would it be possible for this item to be ported for those that use the metric system like myself? It should be quite easy to do this considering the code already exists but is only available when the MPG is being used. Thank you.

FAOGozalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
pb

Well, it's not as easy as just turning it on. We have code set up for changes in MPG, and not for changes in L/100km. That's why we only show it if you're viewing the site in MPG. Definitely something we can consider putting together though, thanks for the suggestion.

If you switch the site to "US" briefly, you can see what changes in MPG look like.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #3

I see, thanks for the quick reply, I do often switch to the US just to check out the potential saving, it's not bad I have to add, quite simple solution until something more permanent is done. Anyway, thanks for considering the suggestion.

One more thing, I do apologize for going off topic, but recently I suggest some tips but they didn't show, they do have to be accept by the staff right? I was just curious.

Thanks, have a great day!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #4

Fgozalo, we added that feature because we're familiar with the idea as Americans of doing a little bit better driving to gain 1,2, and 3mpg. They seemed like real-world amounts that are achievable by drivers wanting to change their habits, and I thought it'd be great to add a dollar value to show how much small changes would add up to on the next tank.

That said, I have no idea how real world changes in driving habits are reflected in L/100km. Just doing rough conversions via Google, maybe it'd be reductions of 0.5L/100km that are somewhat equivalent to 1mpg better economy?
mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #5

It makes sense, to be honest, here in Brazil we use KM/L not even L/100KM, but it's no fuss to know the result from one another, the result of 0.5l/100km equals to +- a 50km autonomy increase in each tank, which is a lot. Since there is a code for the MPG, my suggestion would be, simply use the numbers achieved and convert the readings to the appropriate system used, i.e. UK or Metric.

Sorry If I couldn´t be more clear, but English isn´t my first language, nor second.