Confirmed: Searching for vehicles basically impossible [Logged] - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Searching for vehicles basically impossible [Logged]

Say you want to check economy on a popular car like a VW Golf. I want to check on a Golf R. There are lots of identical 2.0 engine choices and it isn't possible to search by the car. So it's impossible to make sense. I suspect non-car guys did your techy stuff. You need to sort it rapidly or your website will lose its relevance - make it difficult to find vehicles and you will haemorrhage traffic. And you will fail.

Plea sort it out as it was a crackingly good and simple site. The update probably looked good in a PowerPoint presentation, but in execution it's a mess.

Tonker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonker1 View Post
Say you want to check economy on a popular car like a VW Golf. I want to check on a Golf R. There are lots of identical 2.0 engine choices and it isn't possible to search by the car. So it's impossible to make sense. I suspect non-car guys did your techy stuff. You need to sort it rapidly or your website will lose its relevance - make it difficult to find vehicles and you will haemorrhage traffic. And you will fail.

Plea sort it out as it was a crackingly good and simple site. The update probably looked good in a PowerPoint presentation, but in execution it's a mess.
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on this specific area of the site as top priority right now. I outlined in this post some of the work underway right now around better classification of vehicles.

Just to clarify what you're looking for, you're wanting to see a way to view all the various engine types together in a collection instead of being forced to drill down to each individual engine type and look at the data that way, correct? Just wanted to make sure I clearly understand.

On vehicle search in general we are working to ensure all of that is working since there certainly are a good many cases where it isn't right now. We'll keep you posted on progress but it certainly is a major focus for us to make vehicle search and reference one of the best aspects of Fuelly, as it has been since its inception.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

What about other search functions? IE, if I want to search for V6 cars that get 30+ mpg?

Or for giggles, searching by most reported fuel ups?
NikatKimber is offline   Reply With Quote