Site idea, more accurate CPG - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #1

Site idea, more accurate CPG

Here's an idea: in our profile, give us a place to put in our insurance costs, and our montly car payment - then factor that into the cost per mile on the dashboard. You could even add the maintenance items to the factor, then we'd have a true CPM measurement.

I am shocked that my car costs .09 per mile in gasoline. I bet it more than doubles when we add insurance, payments and maintenance. This would be a real eye opener for folks.

vtmdsm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Although I can appreciate your idea on this, chances are its not something to be included. The math involved is basically taking your monthly/yearly bill, divided by your mileage for the month/year, and there is your cost per KM/Mile.

Fuelly is geared towards fuel costs, not costs external to fuel.

Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #3

I'd like this feature too. I'd like to be able to add maintenance costs as well, such as tire replacement and fluid changes. These have a major impact on the cost of operating my vehicle.

Yes, Fuelly is about tracking fuel costs, but that is only one small part of the cost of operating a vehicle.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 AM   #4

It would be nice but it is FUELLY not CarLY LOL! I just put in the comments section what I do to my car as I go. I guess you could put the price of everything as you go. Say First of the Month what you pay in insurance and then oil changes, and such.

Spread sheet is good for that also. Only us hard core people do these things. It looks like most just put there fillups and drive. Heck it looks like lots of the fill ups are not even right! I mean come on, a 1985 Chevy Truck that gets 78 mpg! I don't thinks so! especially if the last 5 fill ups were 15 mpg.

Peace,

E
VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote