Starting milage?? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #1

Starting milage??

How can I type in the milage of my car before I fill up for first time? I have put my first odometer reading in as my first fill up, it didnt come up with any mpg obviosly as it doesnt know my original milage. I then put in a partial fill up for 20 pounds and put in the odometer reading of the first fill up. It then said that I did 315 miles on a 20 quid fill up and I got 91mpg. This is obiovusly wrong but how can i change it? Very confused about the first fill but. Do you have to fill up first THEN type in the odometer reading?

tomtheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
pb

We wanted to come up with a very simple way to track your mileage: each time you fill up your car you note your odometer reading. That's it. So there's no starting odometer reading, just readings at the pump.

You don't get any mileage info the first time, but after that first fuel-up you start getting info. Here's some more info from the FAQ that might help:

Why doesn't my fuel-up have a calculated MPG (L/100km)?

The exception is if you're adding partial fuel-ups. You don't get any mileage info for partial fuel-ups, and here's some information about that:

Why do I have to fill the tank all the way up every time I buy fuel?

If you're not filling your tank you should mark it as partial. Once you start adding full fuel-ups you'll start getting mileage info. If you usually don't fuel-up to full, this style of tracking won't work well for you.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote