Suggestions needed - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 AM   #11
Registered Member

Hitting refresh works. Thanks matt.

I am having some issues with my computer right now. Stupid adware/ popups.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #12
Registered Member

On the old site you had articles that you posted everday dealing with cars, oil, policies etc. I actually read alot of them. Kinda neat to see what going on in terms of conservation.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #13
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto
On the old site you had articles that you posted everday dealing with cars, oil, policies etc. I actually read alot of them. Kinda neat to see what going on in terms of conservation.
That was actually a news aggregator. Let me see if I can find one for this software or not.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Registered Member

This isn't really a suggestion just an observation. I've been trying to figure out way the new site has such a different feel to it and I just realized that it does not have a home page. It just goes right to the list of forums no explanation of who you are excetera (although I guess the name says it all). I'm not saying that's good or bad just different.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
Driving on E

Quote:
This isn't really a suggestion just an observation. I've been trying to figure out way the new site has such a different feel to it and I just realized that it does not have a home page. It just goes right to the list of forums no explanation of who you are excetera (although I guess the name says it all). I'm not saying that's good or bad just different.
THe homepage was rarely used, but I'm toying with the idea of making a homepage that will have articles, news items, etc.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #16
Registered Member

I brought it up because when I first got to the site through google right there on the front page was a explantion of what you were trying to do. Didn't have to go through a bunch of threads to see what was going on. I'm not knocking the site just throwing out ideas. I think the site awsome.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
I brought it up because when I first got to the site through google right there on the front page was a explantion of what you were trying to do. Didn't have to go through a bunch of threads to see what was going on.
that's a good point, actually. i suspect if you crunched the stats on the old site, of all the hits to the index page, almost none of them were from registered users. meaning: it's where you get to promote the site to first-time visitors.

a simple solution - maybe non-registered users (you ID them by cookie, don't you?) could see an introductory paragraph on the index page above the forum list.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #18
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
that's a good point, actually. i suspect if you crunched the stats on the old site, of all the hits to the index page, almost none of them were from registered users. meaning: it's where you get to promote the site to first-time visitors.

a simple solution - maybe non-registered users (you ID them by cookie, don't you?) could see an introductory paragraph on the index page above the forum list.
If you log out you'll see a message to non-members. If you guys can think of a better paragraph I'd be happy to use it. Right now I'm using the default message that comes with Vbulletin.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #19
Registered Member

I miss the gaslog. I liked that as much as I like the forums. You will be bringing it back, right?

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #20
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I miss the gaslog. I liked that as much as I like the forums. You will be bringing it back, right?
Yep. I have time tomorrow to devote to it. Looks like the swap will start mid-later this week, and maybe I'll have time for the gaslog tomorrow and wednesday. Hopefully it's enough time.