Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #71
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
enable the audit function on bogas spam posts for qualified members

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:33 AM   #72
Registered Member

If uploading photos to you rserver was done , you'd have to set some format and size restrictions.
Otherwise people would be uploading 20Mb BMP files (waste of space and Junky windows format) and probably by the dozen.

Your space and bandwidth woudl soon be used up.

A limit of say 500kb per pic and in JPG format would still allow very high detail full screen pics., but even 300kb at half screen size would be more than good enough.

onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #73
Registered Member

Ok, here is my idea matt. The garage is getting a bit large now. I would like to be able to search the garage by make, model , and year. Just a suggestion.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:42 PM   #74
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
Ok, here is my idea matt. The garage is getting a bit large now. I would like to be able to search the garage by make, model , and year. Just a suggestion.
Agreed. One thing I've neglected is the search feature in the garage. I'll have to work on that soon.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #75
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to FormulaTwo
One more suggestion for the garage
may have been mentioned earlier i dunno

Users should be able to sort the garage.

By highest mpg, most views, hybrid etc...
will bring more attention to the highly modded cars so other users can see their mods.

Also....
Make a pick of the month car.
This months featured car is.......
then a picture on the front page.

I feel this will also encourage modders

FormulaTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #76

Something simple that is something I would like is a way to print out a custom sticker/paper to stick on the back window.

Something that could be cut out of a normal page and says something like

GasSavers.org
This is a 93 Geo Metro EPA Rated 53/58
I currently get
55 MPG
See more information about my car at
http://GasSavers.org/membername

Formatting is prob all messed up on this example but I was thinking of a 4x6 inch or so oval shaped design with that information in it. I think the MPG number should be very big and either blue or black to help visibility to attract attention to the sticker. I could stick it inside the back window instead of printing it on something for a sticker. This way I could just put a clear plastic holder in the back and swap it out every so often. It would also be very cheap to do it this way.

Of course the top could be the logo from the top of the page or something. Since it would be a low use item bandwidth would probably not be a problem. The only thing that looks like it needs added would be a short link to the member gaslog/garage. The rest of it could be done individually but it would probably get a lot more people using it if it was automatic. Click here for your graphic, it opens in a window by itself and you print it cut it out and stick it in the back window or wherever.

Just an idea, I know people want stickers but this would be a very customized sticker and probably attract a lot more attention. Or maybe make people mad at you cause you get such good mileage.
CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #77
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X
Something simple that is something I would like is a way to print out a custom sticker/paper to stick on the back window.

Something that could be cut out of a normal page and says something like

GasSavers.org
This is a 93 Geo Metro EPA Rated 53/58
I currently get
55 MPG
See more information about my car at
http://GasSavers.org/membername

Formatting is prob all messed up on this example but I was thinking of a 4x6 inch or so oval shaped design with that information in it. I think the MPG number should be very big and either blue or black to help visibility to attract attention to the sticker. I could stick it inside the back window instead of printing it on something for a sticker. This way I could just put a clear plastic holder in the back and swap it out every so often. It would also be very cheap to do it this way.

Of course the top could be the logo from the top of the page or something. Since it would be a low use item bandwidth would probably not be a problem. The only thing that looks like it needs added would be a short link to the member gaslog/garage. The rest of it could be done individually but it would probably get a lot more people using it if it was automatic. Click here for your graphic, it opens in a window by itself and you print it cut it out and stick it in the back window or wherever.

Just an idea, I know people want stickers but this would be a very customized sticker and probably attract a lot more attention. Or maybe make people mad at you cause you get such good mileage.
I like this idea. I interested in knowing if others like it as well.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #78
Registered Member

I like it.

I would simplify it though. Can't have too much to read on a window "sticker"- would rather use the real estate for bigger letters:

1993 Geo Metro EPA Rated 53/58
I currently get
55 MPG
GasSavers.org/membername

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #79

I made up a rough looking idea of it at 4x6 and if the scale stays about what it is on the screen the MPG is very readable and will definately get attention. I also like bright blue text/white background for it. That seems to stand out and be easier to read at a distance but maybe it is just me.

Either way creating a script to generate a graphic can't be any harder than the small banner currently being made. I might play with the design some but I really suck at artistic type stuff, I have no style

I was figuring that the sticker will get attention in a parking lot more than on the road because nobody going by me at 80mph is going to slow down long enough to look at a strange little metro driving slow to care about something on the back window. With the moon hubcaps I get a lot of attention in a parking lot so with that in the window I think we would have a good 30 seconds or so for someone to slow down walking by and read the writing. The extra text would help attract them to visiting the site. But either way it looks good to me, maybe add the filler text in a smaller font so it is less noticable but still there for someone taking their time to read it.
CoyoteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #80
Registered Member

Since proper maintenance is essential for good fuel economy, I'd like to see a system linked to the gaslog miles & date to send maintenance alerts to users. A standard form to allow frequencies for miles/time for both inspection and replacement would be needed. Some accommodation for a "first time" interval would be useful as well, as well as the last time a particular event was done (for initializing a vehicle that isn't new). Maybe a "maintenance log" would be needed to log when you actually get around to doing things, rather than just assuming the user did it when the alert was sent. Adding odometer readings to gaslog entries would cover the case where the user missed logging any tanks (keeping total miles traveled accurate).

Since I don't drive much, I'm always governed by time, not mileage so I just set up Google Calendar events that email me. Very convenient!

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote