Total Miles tracked reported wrong? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2017, 04:55 AM   #11
Site Team

I downloaded your data in a CSV file. You may do the same in your Fuelly profile and Export Fuel-ups.

I summed the Trip Distance for you 101 fuelups and got 23967.9 miles. It does match Fuelly.

My guess is that there is an error or errors in the distance entered. However, I have no idea where it might be, your MPG is very consistent in the last 50 fuelups.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #12
Registered Member

New user, same problem: Fuelly is not calculating the tripometer value for whatever reason, which then kills off the MPG calculations, miles tracked, etc, making this all a waste of time. Before I invest too much time in this app, I want to make sure it's going to work correctly. So far I'm not impressed.

My first entry started at 453 on the odometer; last one at 1523, so I should have a total of 1,070 miles tracked, not 348. I believe the only entry I've made via the smartphone app is the 2/18/17 entry, which seems to be the only entry that has calculated an MPG value. Any entered from home are not performing correctly. My best guess is if you make after-the-fact entries not in true chronological order, the logic fails to go back and recalculate values, and thus you end up with holes. I'll welcome any helpful feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuelly-Dash.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2361  

EJEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #13
Site Team

Fuelup #1 will not calculate an MPG, that is what sets the starting point for us.

Fuelups 2, 3 & 6 are checked as missed fuelups. Missed fuelups will not calculate MPG since the distance for that quantity of fuel can't be accurately measured.

Partial fuelups will not calculate MPG either, but if you don't have a missed fuelup in between, the gallons and miles will be added to the next complete fuelup.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
Registered Member

I've got the same problem. How do I fix the incorrect Last Odometer reading? I tried unchecking partial fill up but it didn't fix it.
HParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:56 AM   #15
Site Team

The last odometer field shows the last odometer reading entered in a fuelup or service entry. It is not used for calculations.