Current workload, to finish by August 7, our proposed launch date:
To Do before launch
- Forum reformating (clean up CSS)
- Log RSS
- Best Tank action item
- JS blog widget / wizard
- .csv export of fuel-ups/car
- collapse multiple activity entries from single person
- dashboard has recent activity from friends
- nofollow everywhere
- find friends page
- email on friend add
- email reminders after 2 weeks/4 weeks
- index page for first-time visitors with screenshots/screencast explaining the site
- add "added" & "updated" messages to car & user profile pages.
- captcha for signup?
Round 2 features (soon after launch)
- car sharing
- mpg challenges among friends
- API post/get
- groups with forums
- facebook app
- retiring a car
You know, if you asked for a default ZIP Code (or metro area)...you'd have the ability to track average gas prices by ZIP/Meto area. You'd want to provide the ability to indicate if the fill up took place "out of town." It wouldn't be statistical, but would provide interesting data.
Tracking octane would be good (for those of us with cars that can run on 87, but the mfgr says 91 is better)...so we can see if higher octane increases MPG enough to justify the cost. Tracking octane would also give you a chance to educate people that there is NO reason to use a higher octane than what the mfgr recommends (it WILL NOT give a car better MPG). You could also list recommended octane for each car model.