Where the heck is everybody? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Where the heck is everybody?

I went slack checking this forum for awhile and when i come back its all different (i like it!) but where did everybody go? Used to be able to check in a few times a day and someone would have posted something somewhere but some areas haven't been touched in 3 days...

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I went on my usual Summer hiatus and then got the email about the changes and came to check it out. I notice a distinct lack of activity as well, but I attribute that to the recently falling gas prices.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

I wonder if people have moved to other sites, maybe onto other projects.

I will say without many build threads, it's hard to keep activity moving regularly. I am on a yaris site and usually activity booms when a guy is making a new part from scratch or something like that.

In recent years, there have been a few experiment threads but they are all but done or forgotten about. That may be due (at least in part) to the recent drop in gas prices.

I think a good majority of us are still here but have taken on lurker status just waiting to see what other people have to say.

Just an assumption.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Site Team

If you all see any interesting news or links to interesting articles, discussions or other items on other sites, please start a new thread and help provide something for people to chime in about. This community slowed down a lot but it will be what we make of it going forward. Hopefully we can stimulate things a bit and get some more momentum going to see this community thrive again.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
In case anyone not on the east didn't know we had a hurricane and that took our attention recently as well as the power to run computers to get online.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
In case anyone not on the east didn't know we had a hurricane and that took our attention recently as well as the power to run computers to get online.
true but yea i noticed this weeks ago...
i honestly havent done much mpg stuff. just driving normally, used to paying $60 every 2 weeks for gas in my truck... its as good as its going to get without radical mods haha.

blazer is a lost cause mpg wise 4.3L v6 in a barn door. it is a 5 speed but 5th going 65 is like 2K+ rpm... ould love to knock the ratios down some in the rearend or taller tires or somehting but thats money and im thinking of trading or selling it off so eh. i figured why am i going to deal with 18-20 mpg and not have 4x4 that gets the same (odly enough)

and the chevette well i just drive and cruise with it anymore. needs paint bad, needs very small spots of body rust fixed. needs obsolete window seals... so yea i love it and would never get rid of it but still depressing.

ive recently got into gun collecting and shooting. im all about military surplus stuff haha
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:56 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

Yeah, I've been busy with the storm in my area too. Won't be buying gas for a while either, as I have 15 gallons of gas I bought for the generator that we never ended up needing.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

im still here
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Registered Member

I'm still here. I check in everyonce and awhile. But i haven't been able to post. Been super busy.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Registered Member

I'm here too. Been away over the summer but I'm still in the game. Today I finally installed the proper transaxle in my 87 CRX HF. I've been pleased with 46mpg via the Si transaxle but I rarely drove over 60mph. It's really different. I'm gonna have to learn to drive this thing all over again. I hope I don't miss the accelleration, it's a slug now. :-)

mrbillhf is offline   Reply With Quote