Where to send donations - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Driving on E

Where to send donations

As we are getting ready to switch to a new software platform I apologize for neglecting any ideas or suggestions have you made in the past week or so. I have not spent any time trying to get the images fixed, or updated to the 90 day time period as opposed to the lifetime MPG numebr.

I'm working hard on getting the new site set up with vbulletin, and I've been more than busy with work lately. Timing is always horrible like that.

The new software ended up costing a bit of money to register, but that's only becasue I wanted to register it for a lifetime registration and not a yearly registration. I forsee gassavers being around for longer than two more years, so I think that the more expsensive option will pay for itself in a while.

I found a programmer who I believe will be able to help with the garage/gaslog for the new site. I'm unsure how much he is going to charge, but I'm certain it will be worth it. I've seen his work and it's really nice.

If you are interested in donating to gassavers to help soften the blow caused by the new software costs, send via paypal to paypal@gassavers.org

When the new site is up google ads will be enabled for everyone until I set up a donation system. Anyone who contributes a decent amount will eventually have all of their google ads removed.

Right now my goal is to get everything transferred over to the new system. I want to transfer the users, the posts, etc. Once the new site is up and running with the functioning garage and gaslog I will then remove the ads for members who contribute.

Thanks again for all of your patience, and thank you for continuing to support an amazing community full of incredible minds.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
Driving on E

Thanks to those who have

Thanks to those who have sent donations so far. Every little bit helps
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote