Biodiesel Homebrew laws - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
Biodiesel Homebrew laws

I'm looking into making some test batches and I'm starting to wonder about what laws and regulations people have heard of? The only solid facts I've seen is that after 400 gallons per quarter you have to pay an excise tax on the biodiesel. However this does not include state regulations. I've done some research for Maryland but haven't come up with much.

Thanks for the help!

mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Registered Member

Thou shalt not fumigate thy neighbour with methanol vapor.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #3

This might help:

http://biodieselmagazine.com/article...64&q=&page=all
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to mtbiker278
Well I don't think I'll be fumigating anyone in the near future. Methanol can be used without much risk in small quantities. It's when you start going for 55gal and up that it start becoming a problem.

As for those permits in that article, I feel like those are geared more towards a commercial set-up. Granted, it would be awesome if there was enough of a demand to get a commercial plant going, I looking to only make enough for myself at the moment. I'm probbably going to run some test batches. Starting with process some WVO with filters, or maybe and by-pass truck oil centrifuge (pricey though), then I'll move one to one stage and two stage biodiesel reactions.
mtbiker278 is offline   Reply With Quote