250cc bike IN a CRX HF? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #11
Registered Member

***Caution, Off-Point***

Dang, I thought you were going to put the bike's engine under the hood. It's still not too late for that engine swap Would that even work?

RH77

Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #12
Registered Member

If I wanted to do 0-60 in 12.......HOURS...LOL

Although this brings something to mind....are there any motorcycle engines that will fit on a HF? Or Civic engines that'll fit on a bike(WOW).

SteadFastStylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:25 AM   #13
Registered Member

Well after one hell of a long night I finally got the CRX back and I'm glad to say that she ran like a top on the Interstate.....I on the other hand have been ridden hard and put up wet! I actually pulled over in Nostalgiaville USA(dunno the real name of the town, but they have an "attraction" called Nostalgiaville) and took an hour nap in the drivers seat cause I was close to passing out....suffice it to say a CRX is NOT made for napping lol.

I was lucky enough to get behind a semi that was going slightly under the speed limit for about 125 miles of the trip, W00T!

Now I just gotta get over to St. Louis to grab my motorcycle...HAHA...will it never end! I'm paying $20 a day on that bike(and the parking garage closes at 6:30PM)...I may go park the car on the street, grab the bike and ride it home...then get a ride later on to re-claim the CRX....what a headache!! LOL...it's worth it though
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadFastStylee View Post
Nostalgiaville USA(dunno the real name of the town, but they have an "attraction" called Nostalgiaville) and took an hour nap in the drivers seat cause I was close to passing out....
You must have been close to Columbia, MO. That stretch of I-70 has to be the most boring in existence. Yup, past "Nostalgiaville" too many times to count.

RH77
Old 11-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadFastStylee View Post
If I wanted to do 0-60 in 12.......HOURS...LOL

Although this brings something to mind....are there any motorcycle engines that will fit on a HF? Or Civic engines that'll fit on a bike(WOW).
With a blow torch anything can fit anywhere....
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
Registered Member

Finally finished with my adventure. Today I drove the HF to the mall near my house, caught a bus into St. Louis, walked a mile to the parking place....and low and behold they weren't open for another hour, so after an hour of staring at birds poop, finding marbles, and coming up with a new pick up line(Hey there lemon meringue...you remind me of the words, "lemon meringue", but for the life of me I can't remember the taste{LOL}) I got my motorcycle out of the parking place and made the cold ride home. Once home it was off for another mile walk to grab the HF.....and finally complete! I now have two Hondas!!!

I'm lovin it too....one thing I've discovered is that the HF actually has ALOT better gliding distance then my motorcycle. I did not expect that! The tires are brand new Hercules MR IV Touring radial's...not sure what their RR is, but I don't think it's too shabby

EDIT : The tires are P175/70's too...correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these a little bit out of spec? The total diameter is a little larger right? Will this effect FE?....I'm pretty sure a larger diameter tire equals better FE, which I believe I have.

Yet another Edit: How does one go about figuring out how out of whack the speedometer is from out of spec tires?

Last edit really : I typed too fast...UI believe it's larger diameter has a small effect, while a skinner thickness has a larger effect on FE....while a combo of the two is actually the best(synergistic qualities or some such).
Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
How does one go about figuring out how out of whack the speedometer is from out of spec tires?
Do you have mile markers on a highway. @ 60 MPH it should take exactly a minute, when you find the speed that takes a consistent minute you know what your indicated speed is vs the true.

GPSs are even simpler to verify speed if you have access to one.

Glad everything and everyone made the trip safely...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
*shrug*

Rick, how dare you say that anything about columbia is boring. You thug.

on the pick up.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Rick, how dare you say that anything about columbia is boring. You thug.

on the pick up.
The road to Columbia is boring...once you get there, it's all good

also on the success of the pickup...

RH77